Stock Charge Port Wiring

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Aeroeng92

Stock Charge Port Wiring

Post by Aeroeng92 »

My first try at a post...

In my eagerness in making various modifications to my 9x, I accidentally broke off the red and black wires from the stock charge port wiring to the back board. Although I don't use the port, I do want to reconnect it correctly, just in case. Does anyone recall which color wire goes where? I've looked at the board, the circuits online, and the various photos, but it's still not apparent to me which is correct.

Any help, like a photo or description etc, of how it should look would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

ShowMaster

Re: Stock Charge Port Wiring

Post by ShowMaster »

The red wire should go the the Anode of the diode on the board the battery connector is on. If you look at the diode the Anode is the end of the diode with NO white bar on it. The black wire should go to the boards ground. The ground pad connects to all grounds like the large spring clips on the switch board as a ohm meter continuity test or either outside pins, NOT THE CENTER pin of the battery connector.
The 9X charge jack comes setup like Futaba charging so the center pin of the charge jack will be the +, the other is -.
I use only JR or Spektrum radios so I wired my charge jack with the - as the center pin so if I choose I can use any of my JR or Spektrum chargers. I only mention this so you can wire it up while you at it to match your favorite wall wart charger you own in case you do decide to use them/it.
SM
Aeroeng92

Re: Stock Charge Port Wiring

Post by Aeroeng92 »

Thanks very much for the quick and detailed reply.

Return to “Hardware”