FrSky Telemetry hack

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
ironstone

FrSky Telemetry hack

Post by ironstone »

Hi,

just a question, i wanted to prepare my flysky th9x for the FrSky module thats on the way. So i desoldered the resistors, soldered the cables to the pins on the top of the Atmega , 220ohm and go to the desoldered resistorspads (under this). Flashed the er9x_frsky_noht and see .. nothing happend when i switch throttle cut oder aileron d/r.... no reaction on both switched.... before i flashed the new fw i tested the switches with the normal er9x and there's happend nothing (after the mod) so that shoud be alright.
As far as i read, this mod is only there to free the inputs for the rx/tx telemetry data and put it on another input pins. That shouldt work without the frsky module too or not ? Ive done the error to put all the solders in hotglue (i thought im sure its right soldered, double checked it 5 times) so i have to remore it slowly without damgeing something.
Could it be that the switched dont react without the frsky module ? (some hope...;) Or must they react without the module ? (i think they must do it without the module)
Something more, with the standard er9x i got the switches error, and with the er9x_frsky.... i got no error message ....

Some hints for me whats wrong, or what to do next to get it run like expected ?

thanks forward

Ironstone

Kilrah

Re: FrSky Telemetry hack

Post by Kilrah »

Everything should work fine without module. Can you take a photo of your mod? Sounds like you wired the connections in the wrong place...
ironstone

Re: FrSky Telemetry hack

Post by ironstone »

Thanks for your answer, today removed the hotglue, (one wire desoldered cold during this prozes ;) and found a shortage between the atmega pins. Can't see where, so i hammered with my heavy 8W soldering iron on the pins, cutting with a fine cutter notches in the casing of the atmega, measured again...ahhhh no short anymore, soldered the cables back in place, it works. Thanks anyway for all the nice guides and work here.
One more question, ordered this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=16672 (hope its the same like the fdd-lite i read all abut) will connect miso/mosi to rx/tx. I see pics where theres no resistors inline, some with 50ohm, read something about 470ohm and 1kohm. Have some 470 lay around, are they right ? (This resistors are needed to flash the firm after connecting the frsky rx/tx to mosi/miso, right ?)

*edit*
ok,question is answered, got it running right.

Return to “Hardware”