9X Repair

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
gohsthb

Re: 9X Repair

Post by gohsthb »

Currently you can find a heli setup guide here http://er9x.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/do ... mplate.pdf
Soon there will be a heli section in the wiki.
-Gohst

Westy

Post by Westy »

yep in the ER9x heli mixing link area in the forum :)
redline

Post by redline »

an update on the status of the radio i repaired. All still working well. Huraah. Just installed HK backlight in it for my mate the other day while i was doing one in my 9x.
Just finished soldering in a ribbon cable on mine and flashed it to ER9x last night. Westy I followed your guide as well as another similar one on youtube. Used the HK programmer and a IDE cable I had lying around and then the suitable socket like you had was 90c or something at jaycar so got a couple of them in preparation for doing same mod on mate's 9x's.
I havent mounted the socket in the body of the radio yet. I dont think I will do it on the bottom like yours. Bit too concerned about putting it on the ground on wet grass and rubbish getting in it etc. I think I will put it behind the turnigy badge on the front or something. Saw it done on someone elses radio on the net and thought it looked pretty good.
currently it looks like this :) .. (you can see the switch I put on the speaker to prevent wife from killing me when programming with the stock FW)
Westy

Post by Westy »

Looks good! ..... Yeah good idea ... i do the behind the turnigy tag too now ... .did that for Malcurin..... he is happy with his.. Great Job! Hope you did not find my video too confusing
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm repairing a 9x board that a club member reversed the voltage on. I don't have his board today but will over the weekend. In looking at a FlySky board I have here I see the regulators that may get blown and have ordered some just to have them. The cap larger cap on my good board below the 5 v reg says 10 and 20a on it. Any idea of its value? I'm thinking 20Ufd @ 10V. I'll probably go with 22 @ 16v just to match what you've done.
He just got it from a local hoppy dist. for $90+Tax and shipping and decided he didn't need his glasses to work on the new battery connector. I guess we know how that went! Good info you posted so I can help him out
SM

redline

Post by redline »

yer not sure on the exact values of the original i just went with what people recomended.
got er9x wokring great and just did my 2nd programming cable and er9x install on the weekend. Another happy customer .. lol
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I just did the same repair for a club member today. I used the posted parts list for the regulators and a 22ufd 25v tant cap with leads because circuit trace was gone where the SMD cap went to +.
Everything came up and I was very happy until I found the throttle pot was open at one end.
He had opened thd tx xo maybe some damage happend there? It was a brand new radio before he reversed the battery.
I was able to fix the open end by femoving the pot element still with the small board on the terminals and crimp the open circuit end with a needle nose. Yes it worked and it's a solid connection again and the stick works ok again even with pressure on the small circuit board mounted on the pot leads now.
I did confirm there was no connection to the resistive end and the pot terminal with a vom several times at first so I feel it's a real fix! We'll put some air time on the whole repair job next.
Maybe this is usefull. Be careful not to break the element if you give this a try.
I'll report back as a follow up.

UPDATE So far the pot fix is still solid and putting pressure on the pot leads does not cause it to fail so today I'm calling this a fix, whew!
SM
I'm typing on a new Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.70 and can't find the spell checker yet.
So differant from my ipod touch.
Last edited by ShowMaster on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
dvogonen

Sv: 9X Repair

Post by dvogonen »

I guess you are using Samsungs original keyboard. Besides looking good I have found it to have few merits. You might consider installing SwiftKey as a replacement keyboard. It has superior word prediction and spell checking compared to the stock board.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

alithetech wrote:is there anywhere we can get settings for a 450 clone as a starting point for er9x??
Try looking under "mixes/templates and programming" -> "er9x" -> "Helicopter programming" ??

viewforum.php?f=57

-Gohst
ShowMaster

9X Repair

Post by ShowMaster »

dvogonen wrote:I guess you are using Samsungs original keyboard. Besides looking good I have found it to have few merits. You might consider installing SwiftKey as a replacement keyboard. It has superior word prediction and spell checking compared to the stock board.
Thanks I'll give it a try. I wanted the Bluetooth feature that I can't use on my iPod touch and GPS if I find uses for it. I wanted something I can knock around and runs android apps. For $249 at Costco with 90 day money back return it jumped into my basket my last visit. Of course now I need a forum and utube videos dedicated to learning the syntax and apps I need.
Even the Costco sails man said the 90 days is so you can learn how to use it, or not. I thought he was kidding now I'm not so sure.
Next will be to install my BT module in my ersky9x and get it to talk to the tablet.
Any er9x or GPS application using the galaxy tab 2 would be welcome.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
ShowMaster

9X Repair

Post by ShowMaster »

My er9x reversed battery repair pic.
I put a blob of hot glue on the cap. The trace was burned so I went with axial lead tant cap.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341933507.326558.jpg
The 5v reg was also replaced

ShowMaster
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Got a new repair job coming from a member. He just got a new 9x, not sure what supplier, and it's full of rust and water damage and was new.
I'll post pictures he sent me. Screws, pot cases, and water spots and brown stain on circuit boards. He gets a switch error but it does fire up. I'll have it in my hands next week for fixing, we hope!
I hope it's fresh water damage and not salt water. China said send it back, HA!
A first for me to look at and learn. I guess they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel for radios to sell.
SM
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

it's the second case of rusty pots and switches that I read about in a couple of months.. you might be right about the end of the barrel..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Damage pics of the TX new that being sent to me by a club member. I don't know the seller but I'll post details of that and final outcome when I get it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342370336.852720.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342370336.852720.jpg (21.95 KiB) Viewed 8964 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342370355.122083.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342370355.122083.jpg (19.04 KiB) Viewed 8964 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342370371.581813.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342370371.581813.jpg (28.79 KiB) Viewed 8964 times

ShowMaster
Westy

Post by Westy »

looks like that was dug up off the ocean floor!
alidu63

Post by alidu63 »

Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum . And I apologize in advance for my English . I finally found you. Even I have repaired . Now you turn . I checked all the tracks . No Rorra . I controllatob references tensions in specific points . Reading from a scheme . It all seems ok . The signal is received by the receiver. M I have a problem with the pitch curves . The display of the radio seem to work well . But by the software of my Naza m v2 can not configure the mode of flight . Even if I edit a curve from 0 to 100 and very little movement in the software . I can not get to the three flight modes . What could be . The form? Some other component ? Can you help me please? Sorry for my English. I Am Italian. Thanks.
Sharath

Post by Sharath »

Hi sir i just had the same problem, i just removed the component and replaced with the 10uf capacitor and soldered a thin single strand wire across the worn burnt bridge below the LCD flip and just turned on with a 8.2V Duracell battery pack, it turned on well and worked fine. i just had to connect the 2200mah 8c lipo transmitter pack (as usual i was using it before) the transmitter turned on and went blank LCD.
I just reinstalled the er9x firmware and tried switching on, its same blank display and no sound also.
I tried everything but nothing is working..... please help me? i want to fix this problem?? whats wrong with this??
why has it happened??

Return to “Hardware”