People willing to help with modifications

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
GTiDon

Re: People willing to help with modifications

Post by GTiDon »

Anybody willing to put together the hardware for voicemod? And shipping

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
Telemetry Mod Done with FRSky TTL Lite
Voice Mod Done with Emartee Board
HK Backlight Done
FRSky Telemetry DIY Module Installed
----All these mods removed and installed Sky 3.0 board with DJT Module.

Hal9000

Post by Hal9000 »

Justin
Central and Eastern Auckland, New Zealand, you could call me Eastie as opposed to Westie (hi mate!)

I am handy with a soldering iron and have managed to successfully fix my own 9x with an inverted stick, install SmartieParts programmer, Frsky Telemetry DIY kit and LiFe mod.

Don't ask me to teach you to fly because I still learning!

Have just completed MiruMod on my ARDrone but waiting for opportunity to go test fly.

And am waiting for last of parts for AXN Flyer before getting lessons from the guys at the Tamaki MAC on how to fly. Bit nervous actually!

PM me and we'll go from there.
Clivew

Post by Clivew »

I can probably help if you are in the U.K.

Clive

PM best.

I am in Stroud, Glos
akschu

Post by akschu »

Name: schu
Contact: PM me here, on RCG, or contact Frontier Fun Flyers.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

GTiDon wrote:Anybody willing to put together the hardware for voicemod? And shipping

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
If you havent gotten a reply, I'td probably help to post your location. Then if you dont get a response put a post over in the appropriate forum. Sorry but I dont know enough about the voicemod. good luck

SR71

Post by SR71 »

I can help in Rome (S.Paolo), Italy. Three TH9 successfully modded. Contact me via PM.
Hegu78

Post by Hegu78 »

One my friend has good skills in electronics and said he is able to do mods for others also. He doesn't have RC-experience but has that whole family good electronics skills and experience.

Finnish:
Yksi kaverini (Somerolla) voi tehdä radioiden modauksia muillekin mikäli tarpeen on. Hän ei ole itse RC - harrastaja ja voi haluta pienen vaivanpalkan, mutta harrastustoimintana se silti menee. Itse osaan tässä vaiheessa avittaa aloittelijoiden kysymyksissä Opentx firmwaressa telemetria modilla ja parin viikon päästä myös ohjelmointiporttimodin jälkeen myös 9x firmiksen päivityksessä. Yhteyttä voi ottaa miten tahansa.

Keywords: Turnigy 9x 9xr telemetria ohjelmointiportti ohjelmointi firmis firmiksen firmwaren päivitys lataus

Henri
nikitz

Post by nikitz »

Ready to Help too.

Name: Nikitz
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks everyone. The list is getting larger and in more locations.

ShowMaster Los Angeles area.
Soldering good, troubleshooting good, test equipment good.
4 skyboard installs and upgrades for telemetry.
8+ er9x Frsky conversions.
2 Reversed battery repair.
1 new from HK tx that was under water we think, real mess, and one new tx with burned off traces, and bad rewiring to make it work direct from HK.

A lot of projects going all the time but I try and help when I can.
Btw,
So far in 2 years not one repair for a 9x failure using the Frsky TX and RX upgrade. Just reversed battery.
Pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
rontech

Post by rontech »

Is there anybody in San Diego??? I have been having problems getting ER9X flashed onto my TH9X. I have smartieparts board and backlight installed but I cannot get it to work if my life depended on it. So the TX sits here collecting dust. Sure would be nice if someone in the San Diego area could help...
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm in LA, sort of close. Tell us more about what's not going right?
What version SP board and Mac or PC, is version?
Maybe we can walk you thru it.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk, small keys and a big finger.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

rontech

Post by rontech »

Yep, that's it...
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Well, I'm not a new design sp expert, but I do own 2 of the first v2.2 boards. 3 but that 9x has a new owner.
What I do have is 2 new pullout 9X boards and a new unused m64 CPU.
Also new LCD displays and backlight kits. Maybe even a set of new unused sticks besides a new in box 9x and receiver.
Add to that the scope Mike and Ron have and a soldering station.
If the SP board is bad that's a problem if it's providing the telemetry hookup. I'm not familiar with its new design components but can be.
If you want to absorb the 2 way ($7) shipping to LA, and the parts or board cost, I can give it a try. It can be sorted out at the lowest $ needed.
Ron's familiar with board prices and the M64 cost me $7. Replacing it would be the lower cost to try. If that fails I can credit it towards a new unused board.
I just need some dialog on a fair new board price.
The shipping is what's driving the cost up unfortunately. I'm really not doing this for profit. Just selling off new parts with labor included. If the SP board is good, you'll get a working radio back. If the SP board is bad and under warranty, that can be fixed by sending it back to SP.

What's a new board worth this year Ron, you've sold a few?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402873431.553889.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402873458.003843.jpg
Soldering works for full telemetry support as a final option.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402872542.907846.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402872377.956501.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402872377.956501.jpg (98.89 KiB) Viewed 33747 times
Full telemetry mod using a USBasp programer soldered in. Haptic pin 43, backlight pin 17.

Notice no external resistors
SM

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'd say just send the board and sp board but I'd rather not swap it with my working 9x for testing.
We're assuming the SP board is good. I did have one fail after the second programming use and it was repaired for free.
I'd also suggest I could sell you just the new main board but if you still have trouble, my board would become suspect. It seems practical to get it back working and ready to use.

rontech

Post by rontech »

That sounds like a plan. Would you want me to send just the mainboard and SP board, or should I send the whole radio? I really liked this TX when it worked and I would like to use it again. The SP board worked the 1st time no problem, the problems started when I tried to reflash ER9X. I am wondering if it IS the mainboard since the reason for reflashing is because the TX started acting strange, with no throttle at all and ail and ele servos were reversed, not on the right channels, etc... Right now I'm using the TX that came with my RTF WL V-913, which does work, but leaves a lot to be desired.

Sent from my laptop using big keyboard and big fingers.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Check the 2 way postage to 91436. If I have everything I can get it working with the parts I have. Then you'll get a working radio back. I'd like to change the CPU if it comes to that because that's the lowest cost part. A new board would be the last resort but doable.
The idea is to keep the cost to just parts needed. Unless the boards been really damaged that should fix it right up if needed. It should only be a few days to get it going unless it's a SP board issue. Btw, not my first fix ha ha.
I'll PM you my phone and email and we can get all the facts.
SM

doctorhelo

Post by doctorhelo »

Hy guys
I've seen a lot of good helper posting help but unfortunately also prices showed...mmm if people ansk to pay for ok viceversa i was wishing to find some good "older brother"much expert than me willing to teach and explain me things. I did a mod on my fatshark old goggles applying a arduino H/T on it and via a cable i wanted to run everithing in the 9xrpro radio..i wanted to insert the H/T ppm signal into the ppm2 door..(could i do this??) But while i was doing it i touched with the tester ppm2 and rfpower together and the radio is gone..rf module fuse is fine but i belieave i burned the main board:( what should i do now? I just want to run my ht and glasses and using my frsky with "djt and V8frII" (accst) fpv fly a soaring airplane.I didn't see any 9xrpro main board on sell...only 9xr should i switch on it?should i buy the rf board too? Does anyone know a way to buy a board without to pass to a previous version the 9xr.
I'm Fabio from italy, liguria,Sarzana my mail is [email protected]
Thanks for the loyal answer and sorry for the sincerity about the prices.
Of course main board i'm gonna pay for it.
Thanks and merry Christmas to you all
RutabagaJim

Re: FlySky Module help.

Post by RutabagaJim »

How Do, All!

Pardon me if I've posted this in the wrong area, but I'm new to the group.

I really like the idea of having one TX for everything & have made a couple modules with the RF sections of "toy" transmitters. (Ladybug, Syma X-1, etc...) I'm trying to find someone who can make a module that'll control an Estes Proto-X quadcopter. I used to have several links to another forum where this kind of thing was discussed, but I guess I've lost 'em.

Any help anyone can give me will be appreciated. (Here's your chance to tell someone where to go!)

Jim Gregory
Grantman

Re: FlySky Module help.

Post by Grantman »

RutabagaJim wrote:How Do, All!

Pardon me if I've posted this in the wrong area, but I'm new to the group.

I really like the idea of having one TX for everything & have made a couple modules with the RF sections of "toy" transmitters. (Ladybug, Syma X-1, etc...) I'm trying to find someone who can make a module that'll control an Estes Proto-X quadcopter. I used to have several links to another forum where this kind of thing was discussed, but I guess I've lost 'em.

Any help anyone can give me will be appreciated. (Here's your chance to tell someone where to go!)

Jim Gregory
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2165676
edsimmons

Post by edsimmons »

I'm available in Uk to help with modification, setup and custom built systems. Well equipped electronics workshop and coffee machine!
:-)

Based in Folkestone, Kent.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Coffee machine is one very important item in every electronic workshop :mrgreen: ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I just had to fix my coffee machine. Common failure of my brand is the thermal fuse. Thanks to google, found the DIY info , and for $2, I'm back in business.
Coffee in the morning, red wine at night. I keep a manual corkscrew for the wine. If I can't use it, I've had enough.

Return to “Hardware”