Trex450se Turnigy9X and RX no throttle ?

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
fastfwd

Trex450se Turnigy9X and RX no throttle ?

Post by fastfwd »

I have the Trex 450se all setup,with the Turnigy9X TX and Turnigy RX. gyro working rudder working everything good. went out to spool it up and no power ? swash moves up and down as i move throttle stick,but no motor ? here is the setup on RX. chan-1= Aileron
Chan-2= Elevator
Chan-3=Throttle
Chan-4=Rudder
Chan-5=Gyro Gain
Chan-6= Pitch

Also if i switch from norm flight mode to idle up 1 the RX starts beeping like it is program mode. ? hmmm as a matter of fact in normal mode, if i put throttle stick to full swash moves if i leave it a full RX starts beeping like it has gone into programing mode ?? Any ideas ? if it wasnt bound correctly the servos and all wouldnt work would they ??

From Manual:
"switch off TX,put the bind lead into bind channel channel 10
put the esc into channel 3, then hook lipo battery to the esc,black first then red ??
red led lights on both parts of RX will be flashing. next push and hold bind button on back of TX, and turn on TX keep button pushed until red led lights go solid, release button and your now bound."

well my esc and battery are hooked up in the heli, I plug in bind plug,i have throttle hooked to channel 3,plug in battery,hold button and turn on RX. im just wondering if its not binding correctly. i mean why would it go into program mode when i give full throttle ? it acts like throttle hold is on but it isnt. This heli was flying good with a futaba tx and rx,before i bought it.

jhsa

Re: Trex450se Turnigy9X and RX no throttle ?

Post by jhsa »

I don't understand much about helis, in fact I don't know much about anything except beer 8-) but maybe you could have the throttle channel reversed??
And be carefull with the rotor, if you didn't yet, take those blades off when you are setting it up.. I'm sorry if you already know this but is never too much to read about safety.. sometimes we forget.. :mrgreen:

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Stock firmware or reflashed? If yes with what alternative firmware?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think that might be stock because of the channel order he is using

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Is this a flybarless setup? Does the throttle control go directly to the esc? You should post your eepe file so we can see all of you settings.
-Gohst

fastfwd

Post by fastfwd »

this is a trex 450se flybar, i did have to reverse throttle, amazes me that with that reversed it does not take off at 0 throttle ? had to reverse things in reverse menu and also in swash menu to get setup. Now have to setup pitch,and think reverse gear and or rudd as it spins to right like atop, and it is trying to push the heli into the ground instead of lifting :(
Last edited by fastfwd on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You still haven't mentioned if you were using the original 9x firmware or if you have reflashed it.

I think you need to go and read a heli setup tutorial (not necessarily involving a 9x) so that you have a general idea of the many mechanical and software adjustments that have to be made. I unfortunately have no link to give you, never been that much into helis.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I don't know how much you know about helis, but when messing about with it always remove the blades for safety. they can cause a lot of damage..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Heli setup tutorial here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=620
Start with that then come back if you still are having problems.
-Gohst
fastfwd

Post by fastfwd »

Kilrah wrote:You still haven't mentioned if you were using the original 9x firmware or if you have reflashed it.

I think you need to go and read a heli setup tutorial (not necessarily involving a 9x) so that you have a general idea of the many mechanical and software adjustments that have to be made. I unfortunately have no link to give you, never been that much into helis.
I bought this from hobbyking and they say it is flashed with a version 2 software. I do know how to setup a Heli as i have ruined a perfectly good new walkera v400d02 flybarless learning that a RTF is a lie LOL wouldnt even hover . Never had to setup pitch ect on a Fly bar setup but the tutorial videos at helifreak are excellent :)
fastfwd

Post by fastfwd »

Kilrah wrote:You still haven't mentioned if you were using the original 9x firmware or if you have reflashed it.

I also bought an extra RX with this radio,going to put it in my Dynam RTF Sbach 342 48". I was flying the other day and i swear i wasn't 300 yards away (only takes seconds to get that far) and lost ALL radio control ! went straight down nose first, ( lucky i was in the middle of a wheat field ) broke cowl and nose,was able to glue nose back on. But not flying it again until i get a REAL RX in ! 300 yards limit is just ridicules !!!
fastfwd

Post by fastfwd »

gohsthb wrote:Heli setup tutorial here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=620
Start with that then come back if you still are having problems.
-Gohst

cool, a little confused as to how to upgrade to his version of firmware and how to use a template. im not worth a c**p at soldering and not sure i would want to tear into this thing :)
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

If you aren't getting good range check your receiver antenna placement.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1409079
-Gohst
fastfwd

Post by fastfwd »

gohsthb wrote:If you aren't getting good range check your receiver antenna placement.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1409079
-Gohst

excellent write up !
kaos

Post by kaos »

Have you tried to recalibrate your ESC with 9X on your heli yet?
fastfwd

Post by fastfwd »

kaos wrote:Have you tried to recalibrate your ESC with 9X on your heli yet?
yes everything works great except the pilot :)

Return to “Hardware”