tunergy 9x eeprom error! help

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
rubek

tunergy 9x eeprom error! help

Post by rubek »

So i am quite new to RC but bought a tunergy 9x transmitter a couple of year ago. I decided to try to flash the firmware to er9x but something went wrong along the way.
I have installed hobbyking LCD backlight. workes fine
I then installed basic smartiparts solderless soloution. With "eePe" i was able to connect with my radio on USB but after trying to flash i said it could not back up EEPROM (i think). AVR dude reconized the model but nothing happened on the transmitter. I then fidled with the setting in eePe and unchecked the EEPROM pre-read check under setting and the tried flashing it again. After this it it just makes an alarm tone and says EEPROM ERROR! I have tried resetting fuses (with out understanding what i am doing i must admit under 9xcompanion and eepe). When ever i try to communicate the the radio it break of the alarm for around 2 seconds showing that it stille communicated with the radio in some aspekt. After this it start up with the same alarm tone.
Is there anyway to salvage the radio?

Rubek

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: tunergy 9x eeprom error! help

Post by MikeB »

Please try flashing er9x again using eepe. After the attempt, go to the "Burn" menu in eepe, and select "Review Output", you should get a window up showing what AvrDude did. Copy the text and post it here so we can see what took place.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
slo

Post by slo »

I have the same case. After attempt of flashing result was as follows:
=================================================================================
Started AVRDUDE
C:/Nikola/avrdude63_mingw32/avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -P usb -u -U lfuse:w:0x0E:m -U hfuse:w:0x81:m -U efuse:w:0xFF:m
=================================================================================

avrdude.exe: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

AVRDUDE done - exit code 1
What I ned to do?
slo

Post by slo »

I have the same display: EEPROM ERROR! After holding EXIT on RC and switch on display change to: RESTORE... and again EEPROM ERROR. Avrdude give message:
Started AVRDUDE
C:/Nikola/avrdude63_mingw32/avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -P usb -U eeprom:w:C:/Users/Slobodan/Documents/Airfoils/Radio TGY 9X/EEPE-files/er9x.hex:i

avrdude.exe: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Return to “Hardware”