TGY-i6S How can I reverse the running of 2 motors?

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
ChristianOne

TGY-i6S How can I reverse the running of 2 motors?

Post by ChristianOne »

Hi, i'm making a priming boat for a project in my university. I'd like to move it with two brushless motors attached to two TGY Plush 6A speed controllers. I bought the TGY-i6S controller to regulate their speed and my question is: This radiocontroller can reverse the running of both motors somehow? I'd like to have two trap doors to put the bait in and open them to feed fishes.
If someone built a priming boat too could help me to control it? Sorry for my english, im from Spain :roll:

Thank you!

Kilrah

Re: TGY-i6S How can I reverse the running of 2 motors?

Post by Kilrah »

Most airplane speed controllers like your Plush can only run one way, for your application you need some that specifically support forward/reverse operation. Usually they are models marketed either towards boats or cars.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

As Kilrah said, you are more likely to find these in boats and cars.
If the Speed Controller does not have a built in reverse, then NO you cannot make them run backward.

One (or two in your case) like
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr- ... verse.html
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

You know, that a brushless motor reverses its direction when you reverse any two of its wires ?

So principally, if you had a switch (with a two pole relay with 2 N/O and N/C contacts) that you can activate via a switch of the radio, you could reverse the direction of one motor (2 motors = 2 relays in parallel)

Reinhard
ChristianOne

Post by ChristianOne »

ReSt wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:31 pm You know, that a brushless motor reverses its direction when you reverse any two of its wires ?

So principally, if you had a switch (with a two pole relay with 2 N/O and N/C contacts) that you can activate via a switch of the radio, you could reverse the direction of one motor (2 motors = 2 relays in parallel)

Reinhard
Thank you for reply!

Yes, i know that but we would like to know if there is any way to reverse it without using the switch, we already bought them and we will do in that way but actually our sticks runs forward but not backwards so if we use a switch in other channel it will change its direction but not the stick direction.

ChristianOne

Post by ChristianOne »

Thank u all for the help!
TigerOC

Re: RE: TGY-i6S How can I reverse the running of 2 motors?

Post by TigerOC »

ChristianOne wrote:Hi, i'm making a priming boat for a project in my university. I'd like to move it with two brushless motors attached to two TGY Plush 6A speed controllers. I bought the TGY-i6S controller to regulate their speed and my question is: This radiocontroller can reverse the running of both motors somehow? I'd like to have two trap doors to put the bait in and open them to feed fishes.
If someone built a priming boat too could help me to control it? Sorry for my english, im from Spain :roll:

Thank you!
A regular ESC is not capable. There are special ESC's capable. Seen them used on aerobatic F3A models where the throttle works both ways forward and reverse.

Sent from my XT1700 using Tapatalk

ReSt

Post by ReSt »

This is one ESC that should work

30A/50A Brushless ESC With 3A BEC For RC Car/Boat
https://www.banggood.com/30A50A-Brushle ... rehouse=CN

Reinhard

Return to “Hardware”