Hawkeye 9 channel LR Receiver issues.

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Chemdawgds

Hawkeye 9 channel LR Receiver issues.

Post by Chemdawgds »

Hello everyone. Need some advice/help here. ON my newest build, I am using a hawkeye dtf uhf deluxe transmitter, and a hawkeye 9 channel LR Receiver. The transmitter is going through ppm on my taranis x9d plus radio.

For a flight controller I am using an Eagletree Vector. I am using all current firmware for the receiver and transmitter.

As of now, everything works great. However, I keep getting an error message on the Vector OSD that says RTH Mode enabled too many RX glitches.

I messaged eagle tree and they told me that I need to power the RX separately from everything else. Right now It was powered through a 5v plug coming from the eagle tree. I have also powered it through a 5v bec that has other things connected as well. Next step is to add a 5v bec all on it's own for the Rx power.

Also, where are you technically supposed to power the receiver. I use an open port right now.

Is it possible that Im doing everything right, but there is a setting in the taranis that's wrong?

Taranis settings are:

Internal RF off
External RF on
Mode PPM
Channel Range CH1-16
PPM frame 38.5ms 300u +

Hope this helps get me an answer. Thanks.

Pat

Chemdawgds

Re: Hawkeye 9 channel LR Receiver issues.

Post by Chemdawgds »

I was reading through the vector manual to figure out what this error meant. This is what they say about my issue.

RTH has been triggered because the receiver is no longer sending signals to one or more channels.

So what does this mean as far as my transmitter and receiver goes? Why would it stop sending signals?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

What's your OpenLRS config? Do you really need 16 channels? I seem to recall that when using more than 12 or so some are sent less often than others.
Chemdawgds

Post by Chemdawgds »

1 through 8 are used by the vector. 9 is landing retracts, 10, 11, 12 are gimbal controls, 13 is video switch. So no, I could get away with 12. Not sure how I can upload my config here for everyone to look at.

Return to “Hardware”