use DSM2™/DSMX Orange module in 9x w/ er9x / frsky dht

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Cagey

Post by Cagey »

I installed the dht telemetry module in a 9x flashed w/ er9x/frsky. installed smartie boards. In order to tx with the Orange Module for DSM2™/DSMX would I just put an interrupt toggle switch in the yellow and red leads that is/are soldered to the PCB?
Hobby King OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy compatible) PRODUCT ID: 9171000070 is what I'm considering.
Is this/there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks for Thinking
Kevin G

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

A quick answer I'm sure others will comment further on.
If you have 2 antennas you should be able to have 8ch via DHT and 8ch via orange DSM module at the same time.
One ppm feed normally, the other from the ppm trainer wire. There should be a menu option that allows both at tube same time.
But if you add a switch in the red lead of the DHT power lead it would kill the DHT power. Same for the power pin on the module bay for the DSM. A SPDT switch ( battery power + to the center pole) would only allow one powered at a time. NEVER power the DHT or DSM with the antenna removed! You'll kill the rf IC. Point one antenna up, one at 90 deg to null some of the tx rf out from back module into the other, powered or not.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk, small keys and a big finger.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

What are you trying to accomplish? I assumed you simply wanted to switch between FrSky and Spektrum, but ShowMaster is discussing using both simultaneously to get 16 channels.

Simply switching is easy enough. Each module has its own antenna and the switch connects PPM and power to the appropriate module.

Did you intend to leave the Orange module in place while the FrSky DHT is in use? If so, you will need to cut the connections to pins 1and 3 and run them through the switch.
LTMNO

Re: use DSM2™/DSMX Orange module in 9x w/ er9x / frsky dht

Post by LTMNO »

I think the gate trying to have the ability to switch to either or not simultaneously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Custom 9x with M64/Telemetry Mod
Cagey

Post by Cagey »

I'm asking about this because I want to get a amphib that has a spectrum rx. didn't think about swappin modules. but w/ the smartie boards is it better to have the swappable modules or the dht and then other mosds. so then the 9X mod would still work if plugged in with the antennae reattached? yea Baby!!!

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Each module needs its own antenna as it's not practical to move the coax from one module to another, especially as the DHT is internal and the DSM module is external.

Return to “Hardware”