Firmware corruption

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
grahamt

Firmware corruption

Post by grahamt »

Hi
I think I have corrupted my firmware by repetedly forgeting to "eject" after connecing to the PC. I am still running the older companion 9X firmware.
My question is if I now update to the newer "open TX" is that a full install (ie no corruption) and can I use my old eeprom's or is there a chance that they are also corrupted. Also will I need to re-calibrate my sticks and make a "clone" of the new firmware and settings on my Taranis.
It's been 12 months since I used my taranis and have to relearn how to program it, I had only just learned how to program with 9X when open TX came out so I didnt go with it then. Mine is the original taranis not the plus version.
Many thanks
Graham (old slow and a bit thick, lol)

Kilrah

Re: Firmware corruption

Post by Kilrah »

You pretty certainly haven't corrupted your firmware, but you could have corrupted your model settings.

Would probably help to know the symptoms that make you say that. And what exact version you're on too, both for the radio firmware and the companion.
grahamt

Post by grahamt »

Hi Kilrah
Companion is 1.52, radio firmware is opentx-r2940. As for symptoms it doesn't seem "locked in" like it used to. At first i put this down to weather/ model untill i went on phoenix sim, controls seem wooly is the best way I can describe it. Of course there is the other alternative, it could be me. We all have good and bad days but this seems to be consistently wooly.
Graham
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Just look at the channel output monitor, if that responds normally (instantly) things should be OK.

Of course you'd want to check if your model settings make sense, you could have reduced rates at some point, or maybe even selected the wrong model...
grahamt

Post by grahamt »

OK Thanks for that, it was scott page in TX university that said strange things happen if you dont eject before disconecting your taranis.
Graham

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Could, but pretty unlikely. If something was screwed up you should be able to recognise it in your setups with mangled values and settings.

Return to “Software”