9xr Pro and Deviation

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
edelsailor

9xr Pro and Deviation

Post by edelsailor »

Hello and good day,
I am posting here because I may have gotten ahead of the "horse", or most importantly my v977.
I recently purchased a Turning 9XR Pro (still in delivery to me), and a 4 in 1 modual that the fellows over at Deviation developed. I had planned to put the modual in a JR box and go from there with it.
If it is unknown in this group at this time, the WLTOYS v977 uses the KN protocol. Deviation has code to communicate the KN protocol. My intention was to have at my disposal, one Tx for my, v911, v977, and my Tarrot/Align 450, (I will change the receiver in 450), a Glider, and a Nitro fixed wing, and any other UFO'S that may come to my r/c adventures.
But after watching a Utube video of an Asian flying a v977 in an awesome display of 3D skills, I new that the WLTOYS radio that came with it was not able to 3D the v977 as I had just witnessed. So I carefully watched the video over and over to make sure that the Pilot was using a different Tx. I am sure it is so.
Now my conundrum is that after extensive Web searching, and forum seaching, I can find no leads or info regarding erSky9x's ability to handle the Deviation 4 in 1 module. If this is the case, can the 9XR Pro be flashed with the Deviation firmware?
I purchased the Turning 9XR Pro on the basis of its advertisement, that it has a potential to grow with software coding and hardware upgrades. Sometimes this is a misnomer. My 2009 Futaba10CAP is guilty of this, (though I hope it will tether to the 9XR Pro as a trainer).

Hoping that I do not have to put out more $$$ for a Devo Tx appreciate any help greatly.
Cheers.

"if a cluttered desk signify's a cluttered mind what does a empty desk signify"? Albert Einstein

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9xr Pro and Deviation

Post by MikeB »

Please specify the specific (4 in 1) module to which you refer (Link?).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
edelsailor

Re: RE: Re: 9xr Pro and Deviation

Post by edelsailor »

MikeB wrote:Please specify the specific (4 in 1) module to which you refer (Link?).

Mike.
This item can be found in various sources besides Amazon.com, souch as Banggood, Alibaba, etc.
I puchased mine through Amazon because, I csn complain and usually get results.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... B01FX73IJE

There are many threads in the Deviation forum, regarding how the v977 protocol has been hacked from the firmware used by the tx that came with it. A few hours ago, I found a thread that stated the manufacturer of the KN chip handed over the code to Deviation.

This is what I plan to stuff the module into...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009PBWC ... itter+case.

"if a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, what does an empty desk signify"? Albert Einstein

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That module can work with any radio that puts out a PPM signal in a module slot or on a trainer port, in which case you use the rotary switch on it to choose what protocol to use.

Additionally it can support serial control on radio/firmware combinations that support it, which allows to instead select everything in a menu on the radio.

Your 9XR-Pro can do the first in any case, and the second if you reflash it with newer software than what it was delivered with.
edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

Kilrah wrote:That module can work with any radio that puts out a PPM signal in a module slot or on a trainer port, in which case you use the rotary switch on it to choose what protocol to use.

Additionally it can support serial control on radio/firmware combinations that support it, which allows to instead select everything in a menu on the radio.

Your 9XR-Pro can do the first in any case, and the second if you reflash it with newer software than what it was delivered with.
Kilrah, thank you. I had assumed that the rotary switch was for choosing the protocol options (1-4 of them). And the black button to bind.

I was just searching RC Open groups for an eepm file for the v977, when I got your help/answer. Probably will have to work on creating my own. I found a protocol file for Devo tx's that will be some help in setting the PPM parameters and channel order in eepeSky.

Spent quite a few hours reading all the 9xr and ersky (ersky9x) pdf's that I downloaded. Also installed eepeSky, and downloaded an eepm for a HK450, and (lol) I found an eepm for the v911.

Cheers.

"if a cluttered desk signify's a cluttered mind, what does an empty desk signify"? Albert Einstein

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

That module is the same as a DIY Multiprotocol unit, see this thread for details: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2165676.

If you use eepskye to get the latest release of ersky9x (r218), this includes support for this module. Some additions have been made since that release, and the latest 'test' version of ersky9x may be fetched from: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894 (you need the file ersky9xr_rom.bin from the .zip file).

Set the protocol to MULTI, then choose the sub-protocol you require. This way, you don't need to change the rotary switch setting when changing models.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Zaphod69

Post by Zaphod69 »

Hi all,

First post but this thread is what I've been looking for.

My 9ER Pro arrived 2 days ago and I'm waiting on the Flysky and Orange DSM modules to arrive but I'm keen to build and run the 4 in 1 multimodule as well. Looking to fly my collection of micro helis and quads which have more protocols than polticians have hot air.

Cheers :)

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

MikeB wrote:That module is the same as a DIY Multiprotocol unit, see this thread for details: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2165676.

If you use eepskye to get the latest release of ersky9x (r218), this includes support for this module. Some additions have been made since that release, and the latest 'test' version of ersky9x may be fetched from: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894 (you need the file ersky9xr_rom.bin from the .zip file).

Set the protocol to MULTI, then choose the sub-protocol you require. This way, you don't need to change the rotary switch setting when changing models.

Mike.
MikeB,
Thank you for the helpand answer. I now realize that if I had searched the forum's for multiprotocol module, i would have had found your links...lol, but now you have been introduced to another noobie[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Vacation is just around the corner (a few weeks). Lots of toys (9xr Pro, 4 in 1 module, and upgrade hardware) waiting in my mailbox.

Will be back later.

P.S. in regards to a v977 eepe file, what has been created?

"if a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, what does an empty desk signify"? Albert Einstein

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Jozefneteepe

Re: 9xr Pro and 4 in 1

Post by Jozefneteepe »

Anyone know where to download a v977.eepm.. and v950.eepm ?
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

No need to download. The channel mapping is straightforward.

Hello setup:
Thr

Mixing:
Ch1: Ail 100 INV
Ch2: Ele 100
Ch3: Thr 100
Ch4: Rud 100 INV
Ch5:
Ch6:
Ch7: Half 100 ID-
Ch8: Half 100 !Gea
Half -100 Gea

Everything else is to your own discretion. The big thing is, with this bird (as well as the V950) there is a precession of switches that need to be engaged for full functionality. Channel 8 is the gyro control. Using the gear switch will shift it off. Channel 7 is idle up and can only be engaged in 3D mode. Collective control will only occur when both are engaged.
I had even tried mapping the gyro control to a Pot for variable control and it won't work. I tried mapping two idle up speeds and it wouldn't work either. Essentially, this maps the 9xR pro to act in the same manner as the WL Toys transmitter, but with more variable control. Weights, expos, and dual rates can all still be adjusted as desired.
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

Also wanted to mention...
Protocol:
Multi
KN WLToys
RX: 1

I have the model saved in my transmitter currently, but when I have a moment I will upload it to my computer and share am eepm file on here. The basic settings are identical for the V950, for those interesting. They use the same transmitter and have an identical RX layout. Basic settings or switches can still be adjusted for user preferences.
Jozefneteepe

Post by Jozefneteepe »

Hi..
Tried and failed in setup.. eepm will be nice..
Really appreciate the help..
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

I found that I was having issues with the collective control being on throttle, so I set up the collective for Ch 14 with a curve. The curve can be altered to fit your needs. The eepm file should be attached for anyone in need. What's the trouble everyone is having?

As mentioned previously, sequence is especially important with this model for full functionality. With the WL Toys transmitter, 3D mode must be enable for idle to function properly. The same is true through ersky9x and the 9xR Pro. Without 3D enable, idle will not engage.
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

Sorry, I couldn't get the file to attach for some reason.

I currently have all of my helis, quads, and planes setup on the 9xR Pro with ersky9x and a multiprotocol module. All models have full functionality, though I haven't had time to test all parameters and make adjustments. If you need anything let me know.

I also use custom voice files in my setup, so you may need to alter those in the eepm.
Attachments
WL V977.eepm
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
shahin

Post by shahin »

I have to download?
larezwarez

Post by larezwarez »

EEPE crashes when trying to open that file!
Annyone got the same problem?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Confirmed..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Loaded fine for me in eepskye (not eepe).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Maybe it is for eepskye.. Should it work on eepe?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
larezwarez

Post by larezwarez »

jhsa wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:08 pm Maybe it is for eepskye.. Should it work on eepe?

João
Well it didn´t open in eepsky either, it doesen´t show annything when i try to open it in this version.
larezwarez

Post by larezwarez »

Ok firts select an empty model place (1,2,3.etc), right click an select load model/settings, yiipii!
Sometimes your head just don´t work! sorry, but thank´s for the help!
larezwarez

Post by larezwarez »

This is his settings!

But i have a problem with the pitch up, almost full throttle to hover but negative pitch is perfect!
Same problem on V950.
How to fix that, annyone?

Modelsettingsfile for eepe use save target as! w977 settings
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

larezwarez, are you having this issue in both standard flight mode and 3D mode?

If you are only having this issue in standard flight mode it is likely due to the curve you have on the throttle channel. The RX is preprogrammed with pitch and motor speed in standard flight mode. A curve is not needed. By placing a curve on the throttle channel, you are preventing the pitch of the blades from starting to rise at a lower position which is why you are having trouble. If this issue is happening in 3D mode, then I have no idea what the issue would be except for the curve on the throttle channel being a possible culprit. The settings you showed (save for the curve on the throttle channel) look perfect.

*Note* If I had the curve on channel 3, I have since gotten rid of it; probably for experiencing issues similar to yours. I also got rid of throttle expo as it didn't create optimum operating conditions with the motor and created some troubles. Instead, I created an expo curve for the collective rather than a linear curve.
I also created a walkthrough video using the transmitter for reference is anyone if still having troubles. It can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjRQMvmrKH4&t=16s
Last edited by ipreventdeath on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

I can also attach the updated eepm for anyone in need. This one works great. I have tested it out and it works well for my flying style. Minor settings can easily be changed around.
As a side note, attempting to open the eepm file on my end also causes an eePskye crash. I'm not sure if its the firmware used on my transmitter or the program I have, but there is a definite disconnect there. Placing the eepm file into your transmitter should work fine, however.
Attachments
WL V977.eepm
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

larezwarez wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:13 pm
But i have a problem with the pitch up, almost full throttle to hover but negative pitch is perfect!
Same problem on V950.
How to fix that, annyone?

Modelsettingsfile for eepe use save target as! w977 settings

I did take it out for a spin this morning. First flight had zero issues. Second flight had zero issues until a run-in with some long grass snapped my gear. After putting on a new gear, I had the same issues you seem to be having. I looked over the helicopter and notice some play in the main shaft. The new gear wasn't seated deep enough and, as a result, the main rotor blades would lift slightly as the motor spun up. This slop prevented the swash plate from getting proper pitch in the positive position due to an increased distance between the servos and the rotor blades.

Check out your main rotor shaft. If there is any play whosoever, correct it. Either seat your gear deeper, or reposition the locking nut. There should be no slop for the shaft.
larezwarez

Post by larezwarez »

Thanks for your reply ipreventdeath!
I also removed the throttle curve on chan. 3 and that fixed that issue.
I have a similar curve on chan, 14 as you and that works great.
When using the the curve on chan.3 as i did i had to reset the the servos to get more pich and that worked fine to but now i have the later setup since it´s not needed.
I don´t have that problem with the main gear but you have to push it in place once in a while!
The modelsettings file you have is for eepskye and can not be used with eepe.
to apply those settings in eepsky you have to click on the model you want to use and the right click and those load modelsettings, works fine!
You can´t go thru arkive an open, that will cause the software to crash.
Do you have an V950 to?

I have added my model settings for eepe (not eepsky)for anyone who needs them, use save target as.
WL_V977.zip
(467 Bytes) Downloaded 323 times
and
WL_V950.zip
(463 Bytes) Downloaded 283 times
larezwarez

Post by larezwarez »

PS! when you download the eepe software you get both versions eepe and eepsky, so there are no problem to view files that not are for eepe and vice versa!
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

larezwarez wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 pm
Do you have an V950 to?

I have added my model settings for eepe (not eepsky)for anyone who needs them, use save target as.
WL_V977.zip and WL_V950.zip
No problem with the reply! It took me quite a few hours to get the mixing done correctly, once I had my module, for proper use with these birds. I also have a V950 and the settings are identical. They both use the same standard WLToys transmitter, so it translates well to Ersky9x. The same model in the transmitter will actually bind to both birds, though I do have slightly different expo settings between them.

One of the features I love when using my Turnigy with these helicopters is essentially having a safety switch. The gear switch will engage the gyro and shut down idle up when flying in 3D mode should the helicopter get out of hand. Makes things a tad easier in gusty conditions.
larezwarez

Post by larezwarez »

I had only one stock transmitter for both models until it stopped working.
Yepp, the safety switch is great, i already had to put that in use! :)
I been looking around for an option pitch head (metal) for v950 but with no luck.
I did by one for v977 on Wish (china) and metal blade holder.
Do you know if option parts from other helis will work?
Well have a nice flying weekend!
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

larezwarez wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:51 pm Do you know if option parts from other helis will work?
I'm not sure which aftermarket parts from other helis will work for these birds. The only non-stock part I have for either is a blade 230s canopy for my V950. I know those fit with some minor modification. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine. I do believe I remember seeing a tri-blade set-up someone had done, but I'm not sure which heli that had come off of.

Return to “Software”