9xr Pro and Deviation

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
ipreventdeath

Re: 9xr Pro and Deviation

Post by ipreventdeath »

The only project I have going currently is converting a second V977 I have to operate with three rotors. I purchased the components for the upper assembly of the V931 and plan on configuring them to work with this second V977 to produce a three bladed version. I'm hoping it works out. Only time will tell once the parts come in.

larezwarez

Post by larezwarez »

Sounds like an interesting project, hope it will workout for you and please tell us about it when you are done!
Ps! i´v seen the video of that V950 with 3 blades to.
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

larezwarez wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:11 pm ...please tell us about it when you are done!
Ps! i´v seen the video of that V950 with 3 blades to.
Well, she’s somewhat done. I built her using the rotor head assembly from an XK K123, though it would probably work just as well with the assembly from a V931. The XK parts were just easier to come by. Everything else is stock V977. There are some issues I’ve found so far. The rotor assembly has a tendency to come apart (the blade grips fit onto posts that are screwed into the rotor head) and the tail rotor is having difficulty maintaining orientation. I’m currently in the process of adding threadlock to all threaded areas. I also have a three leaf tail blade ordered, so hopefully that provides a little more boost in rudder control. All in all, I’m happy with it so far.
3-bladed V977
3-bladed V977
larezwarez

Post by larezwarez »

Dam, that look great!
Tanks för your progres update.
A little bit scary, you dont want blades flying around your head! :)
I had my 950 head blow apart once, luckily it was on the ground and only I was there.
I always use small working glases now that makes everything brighter an of course protects my eyes!
Keep up the good work!
ipreventdeath

Post by ipreventdeath »

The threadlock was a major success! There were not issues with the pins or screws coming loose which was probably the biggest issue I faced. Any looseness in those points created a ton of vibration. Also, any looseness in the blades created a ton of vibration which threw everything off. If anyone else is going to attempt this, the blades must be connected quite snug. There is very little play with the blades in my set up, and excess vibration is near nonexistent now. Beyond that, a three leaf tail blade will probably correct all issues. I created a hover test video with all of the corrections made and also did a battery life test while I was at it. Battery life is not reduced nearly as much as I assumed it would be. You can check it out in the video below. Cheers, guys!
https://youtu.be/avaDLs7kU-4

Return to “Software”