Loading basic mixer settings to Taranis Pro

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Russellf

Loading basic mixer settings to Taranis Pro

Post by Russellf »

I am using the latest version of Companion on my fully updated Taranis Pro. I use a custom channel config (AETR) and mode 2 on the TX because that is what I use one all my other models. When I upload to the Taranis from Companion it overwrites the Radio settings screwing up some and changing others. The TX is also unstable in this state (radio settings) and the work around is to save the new file and go for a factory reset. After setting things back to my preferences I can then reload the saved model file(s) and it works.

This is obviosly a non-starter in the longer term. I have tried matching the Companion settings to mine before I uplaod. No change. I have failed to find out how to overwrite the fixed My Radio settings in the Companion to match mine. Direct input of model data using keys into the TX is OK.

Is there any way to send just the Mixer settings to the Taranis and leave the rest alone. I can add the rest in the TX, no problem. Say using a file from the SD card? I assume that the eepe format is for the Companion and can't be used directly in the TX?

Also, how do you reload a saved eeprom file on the TX? This would speed up things as I would not have to go through the factory reset loop plus update.

Thanks in advance

Russell

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Loading basic mixer settings to Taranis Pro

Post by MikeB »

Are you reading the EEPROM from the radio into Companion before you do any changes?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

There is no Taranis Pro, to my knowledge.
There is a Taranis X9D and a Taranis X9D Plus.
You don't identify what version of firmware on the transmitter you are running.
It is not clear that you are using a version of Companion that is compatible with the version of firmware on the transmitter.

If you are located in central Calif. I'll meet with you and help you get setup, but we don't even know what country you are in.

You need to be more forthcoming, IMO.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Russellf

Post by Russellf »

Thanks to you both.

Your suggestion about uploading the Taranis eeprom is the fix. The Companion must work with different TXs so a single config ' is not much use. After the last factory reset I put in my config on the Taranis and downloaded to the Companion. I saved it on the C as a template. Running the model wizard from this template and uploading to the TX works.

Again, thanks.

I spent a week before I received the TX writing 4 four servo wing glider models with all the trimmings.These have been put through the upload and reset route and downloaded back. The golden rule seems to be to always start with something that is in, or came from the Taranis.

As I am likely to be a single TX user, is there a way to overwtite the default Companion settings?

Thanks for the offer to meet and help me out. Unfortunately I am in the UK,

The Companion version is 2.1.8 and the Taranis is 2.1.6.

These do not work together. Uploading with the default config to the Taranis blows out stick/pot values. The backlight is stuck in "off" and forces you to factory reset. The companion seems to think the tx operating voltage range is 9v to 12v! and so on. The Companion is not backwards compatible.

Russell
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As mentioned you always have to read from the radio, do your modifications, then write back. That's just how the system is designed.

rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

The calibration data is in the eepe. So if you calibrate you transmitter. then read its .eepe into Companion it is in the data you read. It is in the Tab at the top labeled General Settings. Double click n General Setting and youcan examine (and modify it). General settings can be copied for one .eepe to another in Companion.
As a general rule the version of Companion should match the Version of Firmware on on the TX. Most of the time it doesn't make a difference, but why bother to take the chance?
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Russellf

Post by Russellf »

Again, thanks.

I will drop back my Companion version to match the TX.

Russell

Return to “Software”