Cannot read and backup from radio in OpenTX companion 2.1.8

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
edmondyp

Cannot read and backup from radio in OpenTX companion 2.1.8

Post by edmondyp »

Dear All:

Ive just updated to Open TX Companion 2.1.8

Downloaded fine, and was able to re-flash the firmware on my Taranis from 2.1.6 to 2.1.8 without a problem. That is, with the Taranis off, was able to connect and write firmware OK.

The problem begins when I try and read, backup or write models (EEPROM) to the Taranis. I place the Taranis in bootloader mode (Taranis On with 3 switch), connect the USB, the computer (Windows 10) recognises, two window pop up showing the file in Taranis (ie EEPROM.bin and Firmware.bin and the contend of the SD card) but Open TX doesn't find the Taranis and shows the message No radio found and to connect in Bootload mode.

Tried deleting the driver, rebooting and reloading, no joy......
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers all

jtaylor

Re: Cannot read and backup from radio in OpenTX companion 2.1.8

Post by jtaylor »

What program pops up the windows? File Explorer? On both of my Windows 10 machines I get drive letters assigned to the Taranis and the SD card, but I don't get any pop up windows. Perhaps some other program is taking control of it.

Just a couple of ideas. Go to Control Panel-Default Programs-Set Associations and see if Companion.exe is the default program for .bin. Do a search of all drives and make sure there aren't any other eeprom.bin files in the root directory of any drive.

Jim

Return to “Software”