Vario not working in flight

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
sande005

Vario not working in flight

Post by sande005 »

Some unexpected behavior. Original Taranis, Opentx 2.1.8, X4R receiver, HP Vario. Currently using defaults as loaded during discovery. On the ground, tones vary as I lift or lower the model. In the air, however, I only get one continuous mono-frequency beeping. No change with climb or sink. Altitude voice works as expected all the time. Tone setup on general screen is at defaults. I'd appreciate suggestions as to next steps to diagnose and/or resolve the issue.

Kilrah

Re: Vario not working in flight

Post by Kilrah »

Did you select the vertical speed source correctly?
sande005

Post by sande005 »

I assume so, since it works correctly just before launch - ie - as I raise and lower it I can hear the pitch change as expected. But after launch, at distance and altitude - no variation in tones, ever.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I ask precisely because that's what would happen if you select it wrong... e.g. choose "Alt" instead of "Vspd".
sande005

Post by sande005 »

Took it out for some flying/testing yesterday. After one flight, deleted all telemetry sensors and re-discovered, then checked other settings. Yes, after comparing old eepe to new, I did have "Alt" as vario source previously. With "Vspd" chosen, it behaved as expected. So probably didn't have to "re-discover", but that's how one learns....
Thanks for the suggestion!

Return to “Software”