Compan TX 2.1 Heli setup screen

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
flyoz

Post by flyoz »

Hi Im still very new to Taranis and companion TX . I get most of it but have 1 problem.
When in Companion TX I open a new model panel and when I click on say model 1 sertup the screen wizard only shows Plane and Quad options Heli is greyed out.

I have NOT checked the no heli box in general scereen so heli should be there

So how can I get this function

jtaylor

Re: Compan TX 2.1 Heli setup screen

Post by jtaylor »

The Helicopter setup wizard has never been implemented. I don't think that anyone with the skills to write the code knows enough about heli setup to do it. I don't fly helis so can't speak to how good it is, but openTX University has a section on heli setup http://open-txu.org/home/special-interests/helicopter/

Jim
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

The other consideration is that the heli menu is all about swash plate type helis, whereas modern helis and multirotors use flight controllers, which don't involve the old fly-bar type CCPM mixing. So there's very little demand.
flyoz

Post by flyoz »

Thanks so Much guys I suspected as much. I can stumble through helisetup in the TX. I also found i could use the Quad wizard and translate swash cyclic movements to Quad jargon. I noticed the wizard in the Taranis Plus transmitter doesnt seem to take either. It appears you set it up from plane or quad then into heli page and image etc.
maliqua

Post by maliqua »

I was also banging my head against the wall with this problem, this is a real shame since heli's are the least intuitive to configure,

if its not going to work it should be removed from the GUI, it was quite frustrating trying to figure out why it wasnt working only to learn that it is just an icon that serves to confuse and mislead you to thinking it exists.

jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

maliqua wrote:I was also banging my head against the wall with this problem, this is a real shame since heli's are the least intuitive to configure,

if its not going to work it should be removed from the GUI, it was quite frustrating trying to figure out why it wasnt working only to learn that it is just an icon that serves to confuse and mislead you to thinking it exists.
I'm not sure that it should be removed from the GUI because hopefully somebody with the ability will implement it. But if selected it probably should display a message saying it isn't implemented yet instead of just doing nothing. The wizard is a LUA script and isn't actually a part of the openTX firmware so I'm not sure where the code is, but when I get a little time I'll try to find out. It shouldn't take much to display a message saying the function isn't implemented.

Return to “Software”