New 2.1.8 open TX version

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Raythegreat

New 2.1.8 open TX version

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi,

I have the origional Taranis and I updated to V2.1.8.
There are many new symbols(icons) in the menus.In previous versions, only the I in front of sticks variable was there.
Now there is a lot of additiannal icons or figures or symbols.
Where can I find their definition?
Thanks
RTG

kalle123

Re: New 2.1.8 open TX version

Post by kalle123 »

Hi great Ray ;)

Best make a pic, put it here and then ask.

There is a manual available with very good explanation, but that is written in German. :shock:
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=3563&p=109264&hili ... ch#p109264

br KH
Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi kalle123

Thank you for your reply.

This manual is super awesome but I don't understand german. Too bad.
What i am interested are the symbols showed on page 39 of the manual on the left.
What do the small symbols mean?

Thanks
RTG.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

They're just there to say what source group you're in. Stick switch etc as you can see when you long press enter to get the category popup.
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

Hi, you mean those here?
screenshot_58.jpeg
But the are explained ....

Pic taken from companion 2.1.8. Were source input is requested, do press ENTER LONG and the window with symbol and explanation will pop up ...

br KH

kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

Was not fast enough :mrgreen:
Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Thanks all.

RTG.
FriendlyFlyer

Post by FriendlyFlyer »

I am running ersky9x on an ar9x board in my FS-TH9x with replaceable transmitter module. Since I recently bought a DM9 module with the modified internals utilizing the Spektrum DSM2/DSMX DX5e for the Taranis. The PPM2 in the model setup does not allow for the proper functioning and binding to at DSM2 receiver (don't have a DSMX RX yet). I am having difficulty reflashing to OpenTx for ar9x board. Sam-ba keeps causing error so I tried Mac samba and that seemed to correct that anomaly. I can read and backup the current firmware but fail to write the new firmware. I am a Mac user so maybe there are some issues there. I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I'm not sure PPM2 in openTX (if exists) supports the DSM protocol as well due to hardware limitations..

João

EDIT: Just checked in companion, no it doesn't.. Only PPM, the same as ersky9x.
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
FriendlyFlyer

Post by FriendlyFlyer »

Actually, I was asking about being able to use ersky9x with the model set up protocol changeable to DSM2/DSMX. My FS-TH9x has the AR9x motherboard and running ersky9x r218j. However, the protocol is locked in PPM2 for external module...I was using the Fly Sky module it came with but would like to use the DSMS/DSMX "hack" module for Taranis. But is this even possible!?!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

If PPM2 was locked to the external module, than your radio was modded. On Ar9x board with a original 9x radio PPM1 is connected to the external module..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The (external) module protocol shouldn't be 'locked' in any way. On the protocol menu, you go down to get the "PPM" text highlighted, then press MENU to allow editing of it (highlighting flashes) and use LEFT and/or RIGHT to change the setting, finally pressing MENU again to stop the editing of the entry.
You should be able to select PPM, PXX, DSM and MULTI.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
FriendlyFlyer

Post by FriendlyFlyer »

I will have to sit down this evening and reflash my FS-TH9x ar9x board to ersky9x r218j and get back with you with all of the necessary data. My goal is to be able to bind my Blade mCX2 BNF which was originally bound to my older DX6i DSM2 Transmitter. The "hack" DSM2/DSMX module made for the Taranis should work, but the r218j protocol was only PPM2. I could select as you suggest the protocols from the lower PPM2 selection, but there was no bind function just the range check function. I will provide the details in my next post. Thank you for your help and response!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Are you mounting the DSM hack module internally, and wanting to keep the external module bay free?

I've just posted a test version of ersky9x (for the SKY/AR9X boards) that has support for DSM and Multi protocols on the PPM2 signal. This is a TEST version as I haven't used either protocol, just checked the signal on my oscilloscope. I don't have a hack DSM module so I can't test that anyway.

Binding of the hack DSM module is handled by holding the trainer switch ON when powering on.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
FriendlyFlyer

Post by FriendlyFlyer »

Oh no, there is no internal frequency module. It is the external frequency module to which I have been addressing. It is the JR style module...the DM9 case with the frequency circuitry removed from a DSMX DX5e. I am sorry, this can be confusing especially if I am speaking using the incorrect nomenclature! Well, I think there is progress being made. I am on board, and by the way, since I use the Mac for all my flashing I would be happy to offer my platform for any Mac testing you may like for the benefit of others out there like me who prefer the Mac over the PC. I will try the new test version this evening and report back. To make sure I download the correct one please identify, and I presume it should be loaded from eepskye and not Companion9x...!?!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The test version I just posted only has changes for the internal signal (called PPM2), so you don't need it specifically.
PPM2 in the menu is for this internal signal. Further down the menu are the settings for the main (external) module. If set to PPM, you will see a line like:
Proto PPM 8CH 300uSec

Highlight this PPM, ress MENU, then change it to DSM2, as I described above.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
FriendlyFlyer

Post by FriendlyFlyer »

Mike,

Well..I flashed to the new experimental version that you posted today, ersky9x-pr219. Followed the instructions... these are my protocol setting on my FS-TH9X with AR9x board and DM9 module case with the DSMX DX5e frequency module:

Module Check in box
Proto DSM2 RxNum 1
DSM Type DSM2/DSMX
1st Chan 1
Range Check

First I plugged in the battery on the MCX2 waited until the blue BIND LED was flashing rapidly. Then, I held the spring loaded trainer switch forward as I turned on the Transmitter. I waited a sufficient amount of time...but the blue flashing LED continued rapidly without a pause and I could not BIND to the Blade MCX2 BNF helicopter. Securing power to the MCX2 and transmitter, I pulled out the DSM2/DSMX module and plugged the FlySky module back into the back of my transmitter, set up another model and changed the protocol to PPM and I was able to BIND to the normal FlySky 8 channel receiver. So PPM works. And...before I went back to PPM on the second model I set up I tried it DSM2 in DSM2only mode also...no difference. Maybe the DX5e module is not able to switch to DSMX using the MCX2 for some reason or maybe the BIND method is insufficient and the AR9x board need to route a BIND signal...there has been no magic smoke and I have inspected the workmanship and every thing seems good. I also tried to BIND the AR6200 DSM2 receiver that came with DX6i with the same result.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Just checking, did you hold the trainer switch on while waiting for the bind to happen?
I don't have a hack module so I can't test anything myself.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “Software”