Taranis x9d plus error, blank screen continous vibrating.

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
bam22

Taranis x9d plus error, blank screen continous vibrating.

Post by bam22 »

As a new member i would like to say hello to everyone my name is Liam and i am very new to the taranis.
I received my taranis a few days ago and since receiving it have have issue after issue, after establishing that my laptop with windows 10 would not allow the driver needed to function in order to boot the taranis i have switched to the older laptop with windows 7 done all the necessary things with zadig in order for the taranis to be connected to the pc. now since updating the firmware the taranis has become completely unresponsive and now the screen stays blank with back light on and it vibrates for a while before stopping and staying blank when the throttle is touched it begins to vibrate again.. Unfortunely i tired to remove all the files from the taranis (thinking they would be replaced when it was next updated) to now find they are lost i need to find the basic factory files as the only one left is (BMP) would anyone happen to have the factory files needed for the taranis plus? or know where i could find them.

Thank you for reading -Liam.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Taranis x9d plus error, blank screen continous vibrating.

Post by MikeB »

You most likely flashed firmware for the standard Taranis rather than the Taranis plus.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Hi Liam, read everything before starting.
I was the one who sugested you, on facebook, to come to this forum. I see that you are missing the sound pack, which you can download here http://www.open-tx.org/downloads.html under sound packs topic, scroll down the page, choose the 2.1 version. (remove the sd card from radio and insert it in the pc...better this way in my opinion. Delete everything from the sd card, unpack the file you downloaded and just paste everything to it). After everything pasted insert the sd card back in the radio.
In opentx companion, go to settings / settings and in the radio type dropdown list choose "frsky taranis plus" and click ok.
On the icon bar press the download button (6th button, put the mouse on top of the button and the button feature will show up), click the download firmware button and click ok. After downloading, the program will ask if you want to flash to tx...wait...plug the radio via usb to pc, make shure it is recognized (STM32 bootloader) then on the left vertical bar, click the 5th button (write firmware to radio) and wait for the flash to end.
Anything else, ask away.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
bam22

Post by bam22 »

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

I have tried to write the taranis plus firmware to the radio and even after removing the wrong firmware it tells me that the firmware i am trying to install is not compatable with the firmware already installed.
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

What firmware have you removed? When you connect the radio to pc, is the sd card drive mounted?
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;

OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Most likely your taranis is bricked.
Follow these instructions http://open-txu.org/home/special-intere ... d-taranis/
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
bam22

Post by bam22 »

Thanks for recommending mw to this forum!

I have tired following the instructions from the openTX bricked page and unfortunatly even when there isnt any files on my taranis with memory card removed it will still not allow me to install the correct firmware. but the wrong firmware has definitely installed (Taranis X9D) on the Taranis X9D Plus.
I cant seem to remove it fully.

Thanks for th advice
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Well, if you are following the instructions correctly and still not making it, you might have a problem with your main board. I sugest you contact the user Kilrah by pm and explain to him everything you did and ask for advice. Also you should have posted your question here viewforum.php?f=97, because there is a thread dedicated to Frsky Taranis.
Good luck!
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Taking things back to the beginning, with the Taranis powered OFF, connect the USB port to your computer.
1. Do you get the "USB device connected" tones on your computer?
2. Do you then get the "STM Bootloader" device available on the computer?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

I've been talking with Liam since facebook, from a page dedicated to taranis radio. And as far as i know it is detected. He even flashed the radio but to no avail. The problem persists. Either he's not doing it right or just ran out of luck. I was the one who sugested him to register in this forum so somebody could identify his problem, so he could buy the faulty part instead a whole new radio.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
bam22

Post by bam22 »

Hello OctavioS, Mike

I have managed to write the firmware onto my taranis plus but now the problem seams to be it is a mode 2 tx stuck in mode 1 and i cant seem to get it into mode 2,3 or even 4 its permently stuck in mode1 even after clearing all the files,firmware and sd and changing the modes on the settings in opentx it always gos back to mode one,

also turned out it wasnt uploading the taranis plus firmware while "Check Firmware compatiblity" was ticked on the last screen before you can write the firmware to the tx.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Why exactly do you think it's going back to mode 1? Is the setting in the radio setup menu actually going back to 1 or not? And where do you do the settings, on the radio itself or in companion?
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Are you sure you are not confusing stick mode with channel order? They are entirely different concepts but can easily be confused. How are you determining what you say is the stick mode?
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

bam22 - if you are anywhere near Plymouth, pop down and I will get your Taranis working as it should be in a few minutes. Drop me a PM if you are interested.
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
bam22

Post by bam22 »

Kilrah,
When the radio is switched on the throttle warning comes on and when i go into channel monitor CH3 is on throttle, and CH1 is pitch.
And when i try and chang inputs source ELE is where my throttle should be, i go onto opentx to try and change my tx to mode 2 (Rud, Thr, Ele, Ali)
But when i unplug the tx it stays the same

RCHH, Thank you soo much for the offer but i live in Basildon Essex, so dont think i could make the drive as my girlfriend has the car.
bam22

Post by bam22 »

Fixed it!!! Was in Mode 1 inside the tx settings just needed changing to mode 2 within the radio itself

Return to “Software”