Cannot eliminate scripts assigned in Companion

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Richard

Cannot eliminate scripts assigned in Companion

Post by Richard »

This is the problem I am having:
I assigned two scripts to Model01, from the pull down menu that shows the scripts available in SCRIPTS/MIXES. They worked just as expected.
Now I want to take them our from the model. I went back to the pull down menu, and selected --- in both of them, Exit to go to the previous menu, which shows
LUA1 ---
LUA2 ---
etc.
Now I went from closing the simulator to closing the Companion, but when I come back, and open the simulator again (either from the edit menu or from the simulate TX from the model list window (will simulate the default model), the lua screen will again show the original scripts in LUA1 and LUA2.
I saved the model after selecting --- for the LUAS, but when I opened it again nothing changed.
Does anyone can help on this, please. I am running 2.0.18.
Here are the good news, though: I was able to take the scripts out in the transmitter, and also in the transmitter simulator.
Anyhow, I would like to see how can I take them away from the simulator in the companion, or if I need to delete and re-load the companion to get rid of the scripts.
Than kyou
Richard

Kilrah

Re: Cannot eliminate scripts assigned in Companion

Post by Kilrah »

Everything normal, the simulator is only there as a preview and nothing done in it gets saved on exit.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well it looks otherwise. The simulator acts exactly as the real transmitter. (Firmware simulator 2.0). The simulator within the companion seems to save the LUAs, and I cannot change that in anyway. I hope I am clear on this. Before, in another topic you indicated the same. That was related to saving data in the GVs, and that worked right as you pointed out. However, it is not the same with the LUAs (screen Custom Scripts 12/13). Never mind what you do, those scripts are saved forever.
Richard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The simulator in companion and the standalone one are different things that behave differently, you mentioned companion so I assumed you were talking about that.

The one in companion creates a copy of the currently open and selected document and does NOT keep it or write back any changes you did in it when it's closed.
The standalone one however works just like the radio, and operates on a file in your Documents folder. This definitely works to edit script selection just like it does for GVARs.

One mistake you might be doing is closing it right after making a change, when you need to wait for 5-10 seconds if you want it to be saved.

Return to “Software”