9xtreme smartiepart

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
betibeau

9xtreme smartiepart

Post by betibeau »

Hi, Sounds appropriate to start a topic on the lastest Smartiepart board the 9xtreme. I am writing about the board with new cpu, voice/sound, and SD card.
I have installed it, created manually a model (TBS450 for info), made a test flight, It works.
Where is the best place to read information or documentation on this board 9EXTREME, and how to get USB connexion.
I try to import my models exported from a V2.4 board (Smartiepart) SP).
I cannot get an USB connexion. The screen tell me i(in the middle) "9xtreme", n the lower left"r00.3".
After hundreds of pages read, it seems a specific sequence of action is required to see the sd content and get a solid usb connexion.
I have not found which are these actions, and do not have usb connexion.
Does drivers for win7 or 10 must be changed ?
Does a specific version of eepe should be used ?

please H E L P, I am lost

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9xtreme smartiepart

Post by MikeB »

Lots of threads on the 9Xtreme here: viewforum.php?f=126.
Specifically you want 'bootloader' mode. Hold the two horizontal trims to the centre while switching on. The display should show "Bootloader" and a version number, followed by Ready on the top line.
Now plug in the USB cable, two hard drives should appear on the PC.
Now run eepskye on your PC and you should be able to read the EEPROM.
I assume you had er9x on a 9X with the SP 2.4 board. If so, and you backed up the EEPROM from that, to get models from there on to the 9Xtreme, open your 9X backup in eepe, while having eepskye running having read the EEPROM from the 9Xtreme. Now drag your models from the eepe window and drop them onto empty slots on the eepskye window. You will get a message telling you to check each model.
Then write the EEPROM of the 9Xtreme back from eepskye.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
betibeau

Re: 9xtreme smartiepart

Post by betibeau »

Thx for the openrcforums sortcut.
Magic, too simple when you know how to ;-). Many many thnks for your help. Confidence is coming back.

The read memory does not work under WIN10 64. It works under WIN7 64bits.
I have successfully transferred my models from the V2.4 board to the 9xtreme. Still have to perform a flight test.

May abuse of your knowledge. Could you direct me to a place where assigning a voice to flight mode change (naza V2 GPS, ATTI, Manual) is explained in details. I have read hundreds of pages without beeing able to understand how to.... I have only 3 neurones, probably not enough ...... I joke.
OR (would be nice too) how to assign a voice message when selecting a model.
My last one, where can I found the trick to use "telemetry" with a DJT module with a frsky.flysky rx with telemetry.

Thierry (BE)

Return to “Software”