adrude not found error in macosx

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
tobiasv

adrude not found error in macosx

Post by tobiasv »

Hey guys,
I have read about this on all forums,sites etc. But I can't find a solution. On my mac eepe can't find adrdude or avrdude when trying to flash the tx. And on pc it can't find the usable device I am using (yes I installed drivers a hundred times). On mac, either a popup saying that adrdude is not in that location pops up or I just get no lines at all when it is initialising and trying to back up data from tx. On windows pc I get a few lines saying that usbasp is not found in blablabla location. (drivers installed)
Can anyone please help me?
Thanks,
Tobias
edit: Now it finds avrdude on my mac, again a problem though, it says QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap
I have no idea what it means and what to do about it, can't find on the web either

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: adrude not found error in macosx

Post by MikeB »

On Windows, please give the detailed message you get reported. If necessary, use the Burn menu and select "Review Output", then copy and paste the text.
I don't have a MAC so I can't help so much there.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
tobiasv

Post by tobiasv »

On windows pc it says the following:
=================================================================================
Started AVRDUDE
C:\Program Files (x86)\eePe\avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -P usb -U eeprom:r:C:/Users/ROSEMA~1/AppData/Local/Temp/eebackup.hex:i
=================================================================================
avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc

AVRDUDE done - exit code 1
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I think that is a driver problem. Hopefully someone else can confirm this. I don't normally use a USBASP myself.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
tobiasv

Post by tobiasv »

Ok thanks, any idea on which drivers to install, and what do you use then?
Tobias

tobiasv

Post by tobiasv »

Thanks,
I solved it by doing the following:
First I removed all drivers for the usbasp, because I had used zadig earlier and it had installed all kinds of drivers.
Then I installed the driver from fischl.de
Then I plugged my usbasp in
I updated the drivers, I went to the folder where I had put the driver from fischl.de
Open eepe
flash firmware onto tx
Simsalabim (magic) it worked
Tobias

Return to “Software”