NEW FIRMWARE

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
deadaim57

NEW FIRMWARE

Post by deadaim57 »

:?: How do I no if I have the latest FW and how do I no if its for my SkyFly TX?
Thanks
Tom

ShowMaster

Re: NEW FIRMWARE

Post by ShowMaster »

A question and answers.
What mods other than the SP board have you done? If only the SP board and no temerity mods then you would choose er9x only. I'm used to epee so I'll comment on using it. Download and install epee and get it working with the SP board. When you run epee it will check for the latest version and let you know. You will also be asked if you want the latest FW r revision. I skip that step the first time and go into the epee preferences under the first drop down menu at the left and set those first. You can select the TX channel order you want or not, as well as select the options tou have done to your 9x. You can then tell epee to download that version for your setup and save it. I exit epee and start it again just to make sure epee got setup OK for my mod options. I then connect or have already connected my 9x via USB and after saving the current 9x FW and mixes if any, I reflash to the latest version of FW epee downloaded. I then turn on my 9x and hit the any key to format the the 9x with the FW that's been uploaded. I then turn the 9x off and upload the prior mixes since they have been wiped out. Always save your mixes before flashing the FW. I then go into the stick calibration screen in my 9x and calibrate the sticks again, a must do!
I may do more steps then necessary but I like to see each step functiong before I go on to the next for a confidence factor. Other may comment on a better or faster way to do it all but this does seem to work every time for me so far.
The new Companion 9X will do all this and more but I'm still in the learning stage with it and it's a work in progress so you may want to give it a try after you use epee a few times successfully.
SM
deadaim57

Post by deadaim57 »

ShowMaster wrote:A question and answers.
What mods other than the SP board have you done? If only the SP board and no temerity mods then you would choose er9x only. I'm used to epee so I'll comment on using it. Download and install epee and get it working with the SP board. When you run epee it will check for the latest version and let you know. You will also be asked if you want the latest FW r revision. I skip that step the first time and go into the epee preferences under the first drop down menu at the left and set those first. You can select the TX channel order you want or not, as well as select the options tou have done to your 9x. You can then tell epee to download that version for your setup and save it. I exit epee and start it again just to make sure epee got setup OK for my mod options. I then connect or have already connected my 9x via USB and after saving the current 9x FW and mixes if any, I reflash to the latest version of FW epee downloaded. I then turn on my 9x and hit the any key to format the the 9x with the FW that's been uploaded. I then turn the 9x off and upload the prior mixes since they have been wiped out. Always save your mixes before flashing the FW. I then go into the stick calibration screen in my 9x and calibrate the sticks again, a must do!
I may do more steps then necessary but I like to see each step functiong before I go on to the next for a confidence factor. Other may comment on a better or faster way to do it all but this does seem to work every time for me so far.
The new Companion 9X will do all this and more but I'm still in the learning stage with it and it's a work in progress so you may want to give it a try after you use epee a few times successfully.
SM
I have no mod's except for the battery and the SP board installed.
Here is how my eepe setup,is this right?
If you notice it says current version is r648,the version I have in my tx is r646.
What does the channel order mean?>>RTEA====RUDDER-THROTTLE-ELEVATOR-AILRON
Thanks
Tom
Attachments
eepe setup.PNG
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Setup looks good to me. If you are 2 numbers behind then you do not have the latest. You can download the latest version from that button and flash into the radio.

The default channel order sets the default channel order for new model creation. Just set it to whatever order you typically use and whenever you create a new model it will make channels 1-4 in that order.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

deadaim57 wrote:
ShowMaster wrote: I have no mod's except for the battery and the SP board installed.
Here is how my eepe setup,is this right?
If you notice it says current version is r648,the version I have in my tx is r646.
What does the channel order mean?>>RTEA====RUDDER-THROTTLE-ELEVATOR-AILRON
Thanks
Tom
The standard order for Spektrum is TAER. For Futaba it's AETR. It's convenient to stick to the standard order as the receiver is often marked with specific functions like throttle, aileron, etc. in the case of DSM2 ultra micro models, you must use the TAER order as the servos are hard wired and can't be switched around.

There's no particular reason to worry about being up to date unless the new version has some specific upgrade you need. The basic stuFf has been stable for a while.

Return to “Software”