Please help - set up Fun Cub with slow flaps OpenTX

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Redbrickman

Please help - set up Fun Cub with slow flaps OpenTX

Post by Redbrickman »

I'm struggling with trying to get my Fun Cub set up on my 9X using Open TX and C9X.

I have just finished the telemetry mods and here is the set up

Latest Open TX firmware.

SP board
TEZ board
DJT + FrSky module
DB8R-II receiver

Mode 2 with CH'S set as TAER

I imported an EEPE file that some kind member ( I think it was Showmaster) posted for the Multiplex Fun Cub with slow flaps.

Can someone please check the settings from my EEPE files as the channels are all mixing weirdly i.e one flap and aileron moving instead of two AIL's etc.

I want it set up so that I have separate aileron servos and slow flaps using the ID switch - UP - 50% and Down, then quickly UP when switch is returned.

Also would be great if you could add the basic telemetry set uo. I have not set anything in the telemetry tab but see 8.1V on my display for A1 when using a 3S 11.1V batt. The receiver is not the Plus version so have attached a HK FRsky voltage sensor (not changed he divider wiring)

I know this is asking a lot but it would get me started with a model as I had just started with ER9X 18 months ago and then other things got in the way. :(

Thanks,

Al
Attachments
FC_flaps_TEZ.eepe
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Maintain thine airspeed.
Lest the ground arise and smite thee!

ShowMaster

Re: Please help - set up Fun Cub with slow flaps OpenTX

Post by ShowMaster »

I use this. It's been modified a little since the post but it should work in the eepe sim.
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=894
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

Thanks,

When a EEPE (software) saved .eepe file is imported into C9x does it convert it without any configuration issues?
Maintain thine airspeed.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Good question!
I've had issues doing that so what I suggest is to actually load it into eepe and run the eepe sim to see the action and tweak it to your liking. Then open c9c and maybe just type in the changes and try them. The idea that Rob or MikeB gave me way back was to use the virtual channels to avoid delay or glitches when moving the 3 pos switch.
It worked great and I use the same setup with slight mods. I found that going from er9x and eepe to c9x ersky9x something got lost or changed and I had to re enter it by hand.
What I do like is the slow down and fast snap back to neutral action.
I'm not able to download my current mix due to being away from home but I think it should help you see how it can work
If you try the eepe sim.
I'll download it from my working 9x first chance.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

@SM,

Thanks for the info, I'd appreciate a copy when you get a chance so that I can compare yours with my experimental version :)
Maintain thine airspeed.

Return to “Software”