YAFE

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
magnetus

Re: YAFE

Post by magnetus »

ebay
MikeB wrote:My first reaction is, I'm afraid, you have a defective chip. The flash memory is not writing correctly. Looking at these two files, two lines of 16 bytes are being merged together.
The first line is written, then when the second line is written, it gets combined with the first line. Then the same for the next pair of lines.
On the first two lines, the first two bytes (0C 94) are the same, so they are OK. The third byte on the first line is F7, and on the second line is 1F. Both lines on the read back are 17, then AND combination of F7 and 1F.
There are some more tests you could do, but I don't think there is any point in spending any time on them.
If you have, or can get access to, another programmer, it might be worth one try, just in case it is a problem with the programmer, but since you can read/write the EEPROM this is unlikely.
You say the screen suddenly went blank, I think this is probably the chip actually failing. Internally to the chip, one address line to the flash memory has failed and is stuck. Looking back to your original damage.hex etc. it is now clear the problem was there as well, just more obvious with just 16 bytes per line in the hex file!

It looks like you will need to replace your chip. Since you have the choice, and both er9x and open9x support the '128, I would say go for that.

Mike.
my other programmer should be here by tomorrow. I will try with it the. also i am buying an m128 just in case. Any suggestion on where to get the m128? I know i can get it from ebay but if i order it from china will take a long time to get here I just got them from ebay
Last edited by magnetus on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel

magnetus

Post by magnetus »

thanks everyone for your help I'll keep you posted of my progress, in the meantime here are a few pics of my 9x.... :D :D :D

Miguel
magnetus

Post by magnetus »

NEW UPDATE !!!!

Bad news, I got my 9xprogrammer, and it doesn't even see the chip. I even remove the resistor network and installed jumpers but I keep getting the same error
Attachments
fail.JPG
Miguel
kaos

Post by kaos »

ReSt

Post by ReSt »

?? doesn't 'target does not answer' mean. the PC does not see the programmer??

So if I'm correct, that would mean missing/wrong USB driver ?? Nothing to do with the chip ??

Reinhard

rperkins

Post by rperkins »

That's too bad it didnt fix your problem.

Since you have 2 programmers now you can connect them together and have one read the other to verify they are working. dont forget to add the programming jumper to the programmer that is the target.
magnetus

Post by magnetus »

another bad news:
Hi,
Sorry, we just niticed that this item is out of stock. We will issue a full refund for your order.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

after I order the part it is unavailable.

kaos - thanks i'm going to order them now. Ordered already
ReSt - the driver is installed also i tried in 3 different computers and getting the same error, also the error message " target doesn't ansuer tells me that the programmer is OK just not seen the chip,
rperkins - will do that Done.

I was able to reprogram both programmer now no more SCK error and they programmed and verified OK but same error when try to flash the radio, well there's nothing else to do but wait for the m128's to arrive...
Miguel
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

The -B10 probably doesn't work.... as your programmer is not able to set SCK period...
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I think once he got a second programmer he reprogrammed them as mentioned in the previous post

Return to “Software”