telemetry retains the value

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Pepe12311

telemetry retains the value

Post by Pepe12311 »

I have a question that I can not find a solution for.
I have a Taranis.
A module Lipo voltage sensor s-smart.
The problem is that if I disconnect the sensor from the battery or the receiver, the telemetry detects it and starts flashing indicating that something is wrong, but the voltage is maintained, consequently, the low battery warning is not activated.
Since I do not like it, I would like to know if there is any method to detect that I have no valid signal or that the voltage is reset to 0.
Sorry for my english.
Cheers

Richard

Re: telemetry retains the value

Post by Richard »

Pepe, the indication that you do not have telemetry data is the blinking display, and the value, is the last value received by the transmitter.
Anyway, I don't understand why are you disconnecting the sensor. Do you want to disable it, and flight without voltage monitoring.
Richard
Pepe12311

Post by Pepe12311 »

No, I do not want to disconnect it.
I have the sensor installed in a drone
The query is because I have noticed that if something goes wrong and is disconnected due to some incident, it will not give me a low battery alarm.
Sorry for my english
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well, my friend, if the sensor gets disconnected, there nothing you can do. Here is the two possibilities for disconnection: Sensor disconnects from the SPort: You will have a "sensor lost" warning in the transmitter. The other possibility is that the sensor disconnects from the battery, in which case, you will have a "zero voltage" warnings. I agree that flying without the voltage sensor is not funny, but there is no way that if you loose it, (the sensor can also become out of order), you can still get info from it. Anyway, the "plan B" that I use is the old "timer trick", based on your experience you know how much can you fly with a battery (you can use persistent timer, manually reset", and keep flying that way until you fix the sensor issue. (I did that a few times, because my sensor stop working right in the field).
Have a good one.
Richard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ersky9x also runs on the Taranis radio, and it works the way you want. I remember a while ago that Mike improved the telemetry values displayed when telemetry is lost.. I believe the only ones that keep the last value are the GPS coordinates for obvious reasons :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “Software”