Who's got time for a noob? 9XR & 9XR Pro

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
mclags

Who's got time for a noob? 9XR & 9XR Pro

Post by mclags »

Hey guys, here's the situation. I have a 9XR that I use with EzUHF module on a couple of planes.
Just bought myself a 9XR Pro to upgrade to and then use my 9XR for all my 2.4ghz FrSky stuff (ditching my old spektrum).

Now I am 36, ok with pc's but both tx's have completely different menus etc.

Questions,

1) Can I run the same firmware on both radios?
2) Will I lose all settings when changing firmware?
3) How do I go about copying setups from one radio to the other?
4) Who has got the time and patience to help me out

After coming from Spektrum the menus on the Turnigy's may as well be in another language.
I last set-up a model in 9XR about 2.5 years ago.

Thanks guys

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Who's got time for a noob? 9XR & 9XR Pro

Post by MikeB »

We need some more information. What firmware do you have on the 9XR, the firmware it ships with?
What firmware do you have on the 'PRO? It ships with erksy9x, although rather an old version now.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

The 9XR uses ER9X firmware, while the 9XR Pro has a more powerful processor and uses ErSky9x. The two systems are closely related and most of what applies to one works with the other, but they are not interchangeable.

For a broad understanding of how the firmware works, download the ER9X manual:
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6473
ErSky9x is essentially a superset of ER9X.

It would be best if you flashed both transmitters to the latest released firmware. See the website ER9X.com. If you don’t do this you will be struggling with different menu structures and features. The flashing processes are quite different on the two transmitters but you can get help here.

(To save yourself some effort, you might consider buying another 9XR Pro. They are discontinued but should be available cheaply.)

Spektrum and ER9X are both very well thought out firmwares, but they are quite different in approach. The transition from one to the other presents a significant learning curve. The best thing you can do is to forget about your Spektrum programming experience and concentrate on the new approach.

mclags

Post by mclags »

ok, so I got a mate of mine with opentx on hie Taranis to sort me out.

I have got both working with opentx now.

However, now when I have just tried to connect the pro to opentx and clicked read models and settings from tx it gives an error message about "Invalid binary EEPROM file......"

All I wanted to do was change the flash screen lol
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

And that is because OpenTX and Er9x/Ersky9x are not compatible. You will have to re-program them all, or if you saved the radios eeproms to your computer, flash Er9x / Ersky9x to the radios and use them again.. If you didn't save the eeproms, you have lost them forever :(

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “Software”