Taranis xd9 plus se set up questions ?

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Aburn09

Taranis xd9 plus se set up questions ?

Post by Aburn09 »

I knew it wouldn't be long before I had to ask a question about the Taranis set up.
I've been using Spektrum tx's for over 20 years so bear with me here please as the Taranis is going to be a steep learning curve from what I'm used to......
After watching many YouTube videos about setting up the Taranis I have somehow managed to update to 2.2.1 and changed the Sd card to the latest firmware and flashed a R-SXR receiver to the latest firmware (although I haven't bound it yet so hopefully it will work ?) .....All good so far but these are the two questions I have......
1. When I create a new model I don't have a helicopter image just a plane a glider and a multirotor and no I didn't click 'noheli' on the tx firmware screen and I do have a page in the model dedicated to heil's.  How do I get the helicopter selection back ? (Photo below)
2. Although I have 2.2.1 on the tx the bootloader only shows 2.1.6 (Photo below) tried writing to tx but doesn't seem to want to ?

I do have more questions about receiver connections to FC but I haven't got that far yet so if anyone can answer the first two questions is appreciate that to start with 
Attachments
20180515_071905.jpg
20180515_071830.jpg
20180515_060020.jpg

LutzB

Re: Taranis xd9 plus se set up questions ?

Post by LutzB »

Welcome to the dark side. ;-) It might be a bit confusing, but sooner or later you will love all the possibilities of your new TX. Trust me, I made the same change two years ago.

1. I think there was never a wizzard for heli setups. If you have a FBL setup you can use a basic multirotor setup as a starting point, as the complete mixing is done on receiver side. If you have a heli with fly bar, you will have to start with an empty model.

2. You can update the bootloader in the file menu of OpenTX. Long press MENU then PAGE to the file browser. Select your firmware image on the SD card and then choose flash bootloader.

Return to “Software”