FlySky V1 BD USBasp, Telemetry, BL,Haptic

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
ShowMaster

FlySky V1 BD USBasp, Telemetry, BL,Haptic

Post by ShowMaster »

Latest 9X V1 Board modified for Frsky Telemetry with the BL P17 and the Haptic P41 wires added.
I have been installing the programmer connector in the battery compartment and it works for me. I'm doing this for club members so if later they want the programmer installed internally they will just pick where and I'll move it. This gets them flying with all the features for now. Next is the DJT modification and level converter install. The HK BL has the FET mod added. There are many switchboard mod pictures so I'm not going to bother posting them.
As you can see I'm avoiding adding the two 220 ohm resistors because I'm able to reuse the SMD 200 Ohm ones on the board by carefully cutting the trace above the resistors going to pins 2 and 3. This preserves the pads and the SP board or USBAsp has a full pad to connect to. This is the first V1 board I've modified so as you can see I had to solder to the trace on Pin11 instead of the pad. The wire I use and like a lot is wire wrap wire and the 3 spools I bought years ago from RShack still has so much left. Great wire to work with for micro soldering projects.

The level converter still has to be soldered to the MISO and MOSI pins 2 and 3 later in the conversion.

I have 1 of the last EL versions of the SP boards installed after these mods and it works OK.

BTW I may have 2 SP El boards available that have been taken out of service if someone is looking for a spare. One because of a ersky9x upgrade and another just to try the USBasp solder in to know more about installing it.
I've done 5 9x upgrades to date and they all have worked the first time so I'm feeling good about that.

Ok,
Some pictures of what I do mod wise.
Attachments
9XxV1_Haptic_BL_ASP800_All.jpg
9XxV1_Haptic_BL_ASP800.jpg
9xV1Brd_SW-Rewire_P41-Hapti.jpg
9xBrd_SW-Rewire_P41-Haptic_.jpg

ShowMaster

Re: FlySky V1 BD USBasp, Telemetry, BL,Haptic

Post by ShowMaster »

Finished it up. Flashed Frsky er9x r762 and everything works first time. Next will be test flights and menu tweaks before it goes to a club member for a real test flight. Soon there will be 5 full time flyers with Frsky er9x systems, I hope to have them focus on mixes and I can tap them for settings as a trade off for me building their systems up.
FYI because it's for a great cause!
I've asked them to join the forum and make a donation as part of deal on building or helping them or no more help in the future!
Not really that strict but can't hurt to mention it.
SM

Return to “Software”