Flashed Er9x - solving troubles

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
FairMan

Re: Flashed Er9x

Post by FairMan »

Mike hi, I got it working (see the above post).
if I click on the "simulate" button and move the virtual sticks around, is the HF Tx module going to emit any signals? I mean can I move the servos on my model from the PC? :)
Last edited by FairMan on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

FairMan

Re: Flashed Er9x - solving troubles

Post by FairMan »

I have an idea how the Flaperons (flaps) could be controlled by a gymbal, but have no idea if it's possible.

something like this:

The flier switches a switch (lets say the GEAR switch) and then he can use the throttle or elevator (throttle seems to be better) stich to directly controls the flaps deflection.
When the flier switches back the switch he regains control over the throttle with the stick.
And a flaps "Reset" or "flaps to normal" position switch: pilot taps on the trainer switch and the flaps reset to normal position?
What do you guys think?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

It is possible, of course.. I am quite busy today, but will try to work on it later..
This is where you will be glad you flashed ER9x to your radio ;) :)

If someone else wants to give it a try.. :P I know many of us that like a good challenge :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ok, something that more or less work. CH7 is the flap channel. CH3 is the Thr channel.

Ch3 100% Thr
__R 100% CH3 Switch (GEA)

Ch7 100% Thr Switch (GEA) Curve (x<0)
__R 100% CH7 Switch (!GEA)
__R 0% HALF Switch (TRN)

Ch3 100% Thr
R 100% CH3 Switch (GEA)
- "When the GEA switch is turned ON CH3 is not controlled by the Thr stick anymore, and assumes the last value of itself. The "R" means this is a replace mix, and will replace all mixes above it on the same channel"

Ch7 100% Thr Switch (GEA) Curve (x<0) - When the GEA switch is ON the Thr stick will control the flaps. The curve means that the channel will move only between -100% and 0%. So, only the lower half of the stick , it will not respond to the higher part of the stick movement.. This could be changed of course. It is just an example.
R 100% CH7 Switch (!GEA) - When the GEA switch is OFF, the flaps will keep the last position and the Thr stick will not control them.. It will control the Throttle. See the mixes above.

R 0% HALF Switch (TRN) - When the TRN switch is pressed, the flaps will be reset to their default position.. In this case, 0%. Note the replace mix (R) that will replace all mixes above it in the same channel.

With this example, you will have to be careful with the throttle position when you change the stick to control the throttle again.. It will jump to the new stick position..

Try it in eepe and simulate it.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
FairMan

Post by FairMan »

Guys hi again, I completely agree with user "Rest" on the templates solution. This will be easy to implement I guess and will give the user a good degree of understanding what will happen after he highlights a template and presses "menu"!!

And I have another suggestion regarding templates: can the eepee program be made so that stock tempaltes can easily be replaced with custom ones downloaded from the forum?

As for the processor, its 64, and I have no idea where the 2nd place to "set it" in eepe lies. It's on my other PC and I'm not there ATM.

Joao, I just read your post regarding the flaperons, you man are the fking GENIUS.
jhsa wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 pm
With this example, you will have to be careful with the throttle position when you change the stick to control the throttle again.. It will jump to the new stick position..
João
May be setting the throttle to work with a delay will solve this issue? Well may be not for 3d Planes, but at least for sport models where the throttle is almost applied gradually?

Another suggestion I have, is Flaperons to lowerst (landing position) when plane's gear is down. I don't own such planes myself (with landing gear) but this will be useful for someone who flies scale models.
May be a separate topic should be created with such setups??

I actually managed to set flaperons on my own, without "stealing/watching" any tutorial, I should upload the *eep file when I have time so you check it out. :)

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

FairMan wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:17 am Guys hi again, I completely agree with user "Rest" on the templates solution. This will be easy to implement I guess and will give the user a good degree of understanding what will happen after he highlights a template and presses "menu"!!
Please try the wizard in eepe.. :)
Go to eepe, "File / New". A new eeprom is created..
Or you can download your radio's eeprom onto eepe instead. I presume you already know how to do it.. If not please let us know.
Select an empty model slot and right click on it. Select "Wizard"
Play with it..
Please do that, and when you are ready to upload to your radio, let us know so we can help you with that.. let's go step by step to avoid surprises.. :)
And I have another suggestion regarding templates: can the eepee program be made so that stock tempaltes can easily be replaced with custom ones downloaded from the forum?
The templates are hard coded. Also, you cannot download templates from the forum. You can download models from other users. But be careful with that as many models are very old and also could be for the wrong firmware. The firmware changed / improved a lot in a few years.
Please have a look at the wizard to create new models while you learn how the firmware works. It couldn't be easier.. Then you will just have to adjust directions and throws. But that you would have to do with the templates anyway. So, the wizard will give your own personalized template.. :)
As for the processor, its 64, and I have no idea where the 2nd place to "set it" in eepe lies. It's on my other PC and I'm not there ATM.
Shame that is the m64 :( That means you probably can't have the stick deadband option as the processor's flash memory is already at its maximum capacity :(
Let's see what Mike says..
It must be quite an old radio then.. Since a while they are being sold with an (non original) m128 chip.
Joao, I just read your post regarding the flaperons, you man are the fking GENIUS.
No I'm not. If there is a GENIUS here, that person is Mr. Mike.B that makes all this possible in Er9x :)
I am just learning. I actually learnt something new while taking the challenge to help you with your programming request. ;)
I'm always learning. That's why I don't get bored with this system :) There is always a way of doing what I want. And i'm talking about complicated stuff, like automatic throttle on my glider depending on altitude.. I don't need to touch my throttle stick. The motor stops at 100 meters, and starts again alone at 20 meters :)
This is just an example of what this firmware can do. Of course we need a bit longer to learn to work with it. But once you have that "Eureka" moment, things start getting easier. Take it as a challenge. And remember there is always someone here you can ask fror help.. As long as you are nice to us, of course ;) :mrgreen:
May be setting the throttle to work with a delay will solve this issue? Well may be not for 3d Planes, but at least for sport models where the throttle is almost applied gradually?
Let me see what I can do.. Another chance to learn something.. GREAT!!! :mrgreen:
Perhaps using "Flight Modes"..
Have a look yourself, play with it in eepe. See what all mixes do. I wrote an explanation for each mix above.
But I can't promise that I do it today. Sometimes we must work and earn our living ;) :D

Another suggestion I have, is Flaperons to lowerst (landing position) when plane's gear is down. I don't own such planes myself (with landing gear) but this will be useful for someone who flies scale models.
Let me think about it..

Oh yeah, under each of my posts there are a couple of links.. One is a donation link for Mike, and the other is a link to some videos I have made about how er9x and ersky9x work. Some are a bit old and some options changed a bit, but the basics are still the same. Grab a cup of coffee and watch them when you can ;) Perhaps they will help you understand the mixer a bit more.. Warning, my English is terrible :)
I actually managed to set flaperons on my own, without "stealing/watching" any tutorial, I should upload the *eep file when I have time so you check it out. :)
See, you are already learning something :) One day you will be teaching me :)

Well done

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

FairMan wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:17 am
Here is some example where the flaperon go to full flap when the gear is down.
Ailerons also have Differential, that means, the Aileron move less when going down. This is done to minimize "Adverse Yaw".
Flaperon has "Slow", that means, the flap goes slowly up and down..
The 3 flap positions are controlled by the IDx switch (3 position switch) and the GEAR switch controls the Landing Gear. When the landing gear is down (GEA switch ON), it will also override the flap setting bringing it down to full. When the gear is up the flap move to the setting of the 3 position switch again.

Please note that I am not making templates.. This will never be integrated in the templates. Specially not on the m64 :)
This is just an example. You can build your own collection of examples..
you don't learn much with templates.. they will giver you just the basics for a model, to save you time. Then you still have to know how to adjust things, and when you know that, you already know how to program the mixes yourself.. Please don't rely on the templates to do the job for you.. it won't happen..

João
Attachments
Full Flaperon With Gear.jpg

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “Software”