TGY 9X flashing

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
stotty1111

TGY 9X flashing

Post by stotty1111 »

HI all
Not currently at home so have no access to my flashing notes etc!

Am trying to flash a TGY 9X with Er9X using a smartie parts basic board, have downloaded all the latest eepe /er9x and smartie parts drivers etc and loaded 'em
Have connected the tx to the pc and tried to load er9x.hex with the parameters set to m64 etc, I try to run it but get the following message

=================================================================================
Started AVRDUDE
C:/Program Files (x86)/eePe/avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -u -P usb -U eeprom:r:C:/Users/Tony/AppData/Local/Temp/eebackup.hex:i
=================================================================================

avrdude.exe: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

AVRDUDE done - exit code 1

Have removed basic board recleaned pads etc and reinstalled etc it still returns the above message. Checked device manager and the usb interface is listed and is showing as working. tried flashing m128 version no go,.
The tx display does not illuminate when off but connected, and when switched on I get an eeprom error message shown, is the chip bricked? if so can it be revived? if yes how?

stotty1111

Re: TGY 9X flashing

Post by stotty1111 »

ok a little more info, with the tx switched off following message
Started AVRDUDE
C:/Program Files (x86)/eePe/avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -u -P usb -U eeprom:r:C:/Users/Tony/AppData/Local/Temp/eebackup.hex:i

avrdude.exe: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

with tx on message as follows

Started AVRDUDE

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9702
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATMEGA64 is 1E 96 02
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

My pc is running w10
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Don't use the -F option EVER.

The signature indicates you have a '128 processor, so change the selection to m128, and select the '128 version of er9x.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
stotty1111

Post by stotty1111 »

excellent, that worked, doooohhhh I thought I had tried that but hey, again a big big thanks from me in the vendee!!
stotty1111

Post by stotty1111 »

Ok, now back home, that was a srange one ^ , I assumed the board was an original m64 Turnigy job as the software on the tx was not Flysky as normal with m128 chips, maybe someone had flashed it with Turnigy stuff, who knows, however the tx is now up and running without probs!!
again thanks

Return to “Software”