Unable to Update Firmware X9D Plus

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
bordencl

Unable to Update Firmware X9D Plus

Post by bordencl »

I have spent the last 2 days trying to update the firmware on my Taranis X9D Plus on a windows 10 box with no luck. I Plugged in my radio with it off used newest version of Zadig to use the correct USB drivers. I then unplugged radio and used the correct power on method to update firmware. plugged radio back in to USB and looked under This PC to see 2 new drive letters. Unable to see the content under either drive letter. I get an error saying please insert disk into USB Drive. When I open OpenTX it is unable to connect to either drive I point it at to upload software. I then removed SD card and plugged it directly into computer using a converter and it has no issue seeing the content stored on the drive. I am extremely confused and slightly concerned there may be something wrong with my radio. Any help or advice as to what I should do would be helpful.

4star60

Re: Unable to Update Firmware X9D Plus

Post by 4star60 »

Can you try another PC with the Taranis?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Using Zadig to install drivers with power off is meant to allow you to then install firmware with power off, not on...
TigerOC

Re: RE: Unable to Update Firmware X9D Plus

Post by TigerOC »

bordencl wrote:I have spent the last 2 days trying to update the firmware on my Taranis X9D Plus on a windows 10 box with no luck. I Plugged in my radio with it off used newest version of Zadig to use the correct USB drivers. I then unplugged radio and used the correct power on method to update firmware. plugged radio back in to USB and looked under This PC to see 2 new drive letters. Unable to see the content under either drive letter. I get an error saying please insert disk into USB Drive. When I open OpenTX it is unable to connect to either drive I point it at to upload software. I then removed SD card and plugged it directly into computer using a converter and it has no issue seeing the content stored on the drive. I am extremely confused and slightly concerned there may be something wrong with my radio. Any help or advice as to what I should do would be helpful.
Your description is not clear. You used Companion to do the upgrade?
Procedure; on the left set of icons select the last icon; Configure communication. Make sure the path to the dfu-util is correct.
in Companion go to Read/Write and select write firmware to radio. Connect radio to pc with usb cable with the radio switched off. Check the firmware details in the dialog box on the PC screen. Of correct select Write to TX. A transfer bar will indicate the write.

Once complete disconnect the radio and power up. Long press Menu to Radio setup. Page through to Version and check that this corresponds with the write just done.

Sent from my XT1700 using Tapatalk

frankhpns

Post by frankhpns »

I am having the exact problem. Radio off, Zadig installed, will not communicate with companion 2.2. Also, message "Missing directories" when I boot up. Very frustrated.

Return to “Software”