Turnigy 9xr Pro - Not Connecting

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
jghome

Turnigy 9xr Pro - Not Connecting

Post by jghome »

I have a Turingy 9xr Pro which I have manually flashed with the OpenTX firmware by copying the file across to the SD Card and accessing the Bootloader and Flashing from there. I also downloaded a copy of the SD Card Image and synced this with the TX just fine - the TX now Boots perfectly with OpenTX, however I now want to use the Companion to program the TX.

When I connect the TX to my PC (or Mac) via a cable I get 2 new drives appearing just fine and can interact with the files on the TX Internal SD with no issues.

However I cannot get OpenTX Companion to recognise that TX - when I try to read the models from the device I get a Sam-Ba Error, my understanding is that if the TX is in Bootloader mode and the 2 extra drives appear when connected then I don't need to use the Sam-Ba driver.

Process I have followed is (Same on PC and Mac):

1.) Switch TX on is Bootloader mode (hold trim buttons whilst powering on)
2.) Connect the USB to my PC (or Mac)
3.) Wait for Drives to appear in Windows (or OSX)
4.) Open OpenTX Companion
5.) Click Read Models and Settings from Radio
6.) A green bar appears on the page - goes to 100%

At this stage I get the error - saying Executable c:/Program File/OpenTX/Companion 2.2/sam-ba.exe not found (or a similar message on OSX)

I figure my cable should be good as I can browse the TX SD and upload files successfully via Windows File Manager.

Any hints, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

jghome

Re: Turnigy 9xr Pro - Not Connecting

Post by jghome »

As a quick update - I have used the Companion tool to Sync the SD card contents between the controller and my PC and that process runs just fine, i.e. all the files from the SD are successfully copied to the PC - therefore I can confirm the Cable is good otherwise this would not be possible.
morel

Post by morel »

You should download SAM-BA 2.16 from Atmel: http://www.atmel.com/tools/atmelsam-bai ... ammer.aspx and install it, then in Companion settings set proper SAM-BA location. I've faced the same problem 2 days ago and installing SAM-BA 2.16 solved it :) What more I've found - eepskye from ersky9xr works properly without SAM-BA, but this is different software.
jghome

Post by jghome »

Thanks morel for your response, I was kind of coming to the conclusion that I might end up having to do that - fortunately I do have access to a Windows machine as there are no SAM-BA drivers for OSX so I would have been stuck there :-)

Will give it a go and see how I get on
jghome

Post by jghome »

So - I have made progress, I don't get the error anymore and I am able to retrieve the model settings from the TX.

However when I create a new model (in the same way as the original model via the Wizard) and push the profile to the TX it doesn't appear after restarting, is it something obvious I am doing wrong?

Return to “Software”