new Taranis Plus Special Edition * *corrupted SD card**

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Tr3TopFlyer

new Taranis Plus Special Edition * *corrupted SD card**

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

Hi,

I just got a new Taranis SE to replace my old Taranis original X9D. It seemed to work fine until I plugged it into my computer so I could load some models. It seems that the SD card is corrupted as the f: drive just shows nonsense characters instead of the normal folders. It also seems to act funny because after I unplug the USB cable, instead of the menu showing back up where you can select "EXIT" it stays in the USB connected mode. At that point I can't even turn the radio off and must disconnect the battery in order to reboot it. I could send it back but would rather fix it myself.

Where can I find the SD image for 2.1.6 (this is what it came with) or newer?

Thanks for your help.

Oh yes I should have told you that I've tried updating it with OpenTX Companion and it says it can't see the radio.
"it's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled."

Cheers!

Tr3TopFlyer

Re: new Taranis Plus Special Edition * *corrupted SD card**

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

Update:

I was able to rebuild the files on the card but it quickly became corrupted again. Could this be a problem with 2.1.9?

Cheers!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You say 2.1.6 at one place and 2.1.9 at the other - more importantly, what is your bootloader version?
Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

The radio came with 2.1.6. I updated to 2.1.9 which it is running now. The bootloader is 2.1.6.

Cheers!
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

Update the bootloader to 2.1.9 also. I think there was a problem with some factory loaded 2.1.6 bootloaders.

Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

I tried several times to rebuild the card and initially it would work but every time I tried to make setting changes with companion the card would become corrupted again. Once corrupted I would see the behavior that when I disconnected the USB cable the radio would still show that it was still connected. Only disconnecting the battery would turn it off at that point. Then, when I would connect the radio again I would get an error from my computer saying the SD was corrupted and companion could no longer see the radio.

Finally I just tried a new card that I had from an old camera. It seems that was the solution. Didn't frsky have an SD card problem before?

Cheers!
Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

Thanks jtaylor but shouldn't the bootloader have been automatically upgraded when I upgraded from 2.1.6. to 2.1.9 using companion? If not how do I upgrade just the bootloader? Even though things seem to be working now I'd like to make sure I have the latest BL too. Thanks.

Cheers!
Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

Ah! I see...when I upgraded I was in BL mode so the BL didn't get upgraded. After I watched a Painless 360 youtube video I saw that he just connected the radio without turning it on to the USB. Now my BL is 2.1.9

Cheers!

Return to “Software”