Getting CompanionTX v2.0 Firmware onto Taranis (again!)

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Mooseman

Getting CompanionTX v2.0 Firmware onto Taranis (again!)

Post by Mooseman »

Hello all,
This is my first post so please be gentle!

After fighting with the system for a couple of days now, I have finally given up and am looking for some friendly advice and help please….

I have the somewhat common problem with trying to get openTX v2.0 firmware onto my Taranis 9xd (not a PLUS).
The irony is that I managed to get CP9X firmware onto the TX some time ago and also recently upgraded to OpenTX v2.0 without any issue! Not sure what I did but I have somehow managed to reset the TX back to original factory settings with no model data stored and worse, back to FrSky OpenTX version 1.1.02!!! I was only trying to copy a model setting (in OpenTX v2.0) to apply the settings to a similar model, but there you go.

So, I have read many threads and gone through all the usual fixes to try and re-flash the OpenTX2.0 firmware but I get the following error message whilst trying to read the firmware from the radio (or writing CompanionTX v2.0.17 to the TX):-

=================================================================================
Started DFU Util
C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenTX/Companion 2.0/dfu-util.exe -a 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000:524288 -d 0483:df11 -UC:/Users/Mark/AppData/Local/Temp/1160-flash-check.bin
=================================================================================
dfu-util 0.7

Copyright 2005-2008 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2012 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to [email protected]

Filter on vendor = 0x0483 product = 0xdf11
No DFU capable USB device found

DFU Util done - exit code 1

My Dell laptop recognises the connection with the TX (when switched off) as it gives the usual sound on connection or disconnection and I can see the memory card with the TX switched on. I have tried a couple of USB cables and found that one works and one doesn’t seem too (no sound when connecting to PC) so am confident the connection is now good between TX and PC.

The STM32 BOOTLOADER is visible every time I connect the TX (when switched off) and I have used Zadig to get the latest version etc.

The dfu-util.exe file is located in the correct place and the software is mapped to look in the correct location (C:\Program Files (x86)\companion9x\dfu-util.exe).

That’s the limit of my understanding and capability, so am really looking for some help now.
Many thanks in advance 
Mark.

wireshark

Re: Getting CompanionTX v2.0 Firmware onto Taranis (again!)

Post by wireshark »

Have you tried using an old DFuse version and flashing like that?
You probably will have to ignore the warning about the firmware/update check.

Return to “Software”