Computer for Input, Taranis as Conduit/Bridge

Boooke

Computer for Input, Taranis as Conduit/Bridge

Post by Boooke »

Hello, I am sorry if this is not the correct place, since this is a bit of a mix between the Taranis and OpenTx. I am beginning to look into OpenTx, but I suspect it might not be the whole picture, for what I want, though I am still new to this. I am looking to control any unit/vehicle/drone using computer inputs. Let's say, for instance, I use the arrow keys for input, then the vehicle shall move according to my logic. Essentially, the Taranis becomes sort of a bridge to connect the computer to the controlled unit.

My question is, has anyone tried this before? I imagine plugging the Taranis into the computer system using the USB cable might be the most straightforward approach, but does OpenTx control what can be perceived as input?

Kilrah

Re: Computer for Input, Taranis as Conduit/Bridge

Post by Kilrah »

Theren isn't anything built specifically for this in OpenTX, but there are several arduino-based projects that allow you to create an RC-compatible signal from a PC. You can then send that either straight into an RF module, or through a radio's trainer port for further processing.
Boooke

Re: Computer for Input, Taranis as Conduit/Bridge

Post by Boooke »

Ah, thank you for the tip, I'll look into it!

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”