current version of opentx for eu tx and rx.

spikey1973

current version of opentx for eu tx and rx.

Post by spikey1973 »

hello,

i just want to verify something that i asked a few time on rcgroups but haven't got an answer to.
probably a real newbee question but i just want to be sure as i have so odd behaviour from my rx, which could be faulty but it could also be fw incompatibility related.

i have an eu x9e taranis and flashed it with the most current version of fw for the x9e namely: x9e-v2.1.6
ad i did not try to get ride of the eu limitations, just flashed this fw as it was.

also i flashed the rx, x6r as recieved with the tx.
i flashed it with the 151118 (LBT build), for the x8r and x6r.

could someone please confirm that this is a compatible setup? and if not.
- which should i change,
- why and
- into what?

even though i might be a stupid question, i still would really appreciate an answer to this.

kind regards

Matthieu

Carbo

Re: current version of opentx for eu tx and rx.

Post by Carbo »

spikey1973 wrote:also i flashed the rx, x6r as recieved with the tx.
i flashed it with the 151118 (LBT build), for the x8r and x6r.
The corresponding action with your X9E is flashing your XJT RF-module with the XJT-LBT firmware. But if you bought the X9E recently in EU and you can bind your LBT RX, you have already the needed firmware version, if not -> flash it.

OpenTX 2.1.6 is the most current version of fw from FrSky. The OpenTX team has released 2.1.9 (and 2.2 (beta)). If you want to use 2.1.9, download Companion 2.1.9, do some reading, especially concerning Radio profile settings and download your individual OpenTX version with companion and flash it.

You can find additional information here in openrcforums and in OpenTXUniversity.
spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

Oké.. thank you for that answer,

Just so i onderstaand correctly.. to stay up to date one has to change 3 things.

1) Flash opentx 2.1.9 to tx instead of 2.1.6
2) Flash latest lbt to xjt (is interal module?)
3). Flash latest lbt to tx

And maybe later
4) flash latest lbt to external module

5) And maybe also the bootloader as 5th

although as long as there is no confirmed issue with that I'll stay away from that. Just like the confirmation that all are different pieces of software / firmware and necessary . I didn't understand the software / firmware for the x9e and xjt module were not the same. So I could make another mistake like that so please confirm the above.

Ifso I'll go and do that tonight (find out how first, I do have companion21 so that should be fine then.

Thank you!
Carbo

Post by Carbo »

You flashed the latest LBT firmware to your RX. If you binded them successfully afterwards, all is fine. There is only one (TX) XJT LBT version, no need for flashing.

1) not necessary, but useful to have the latest, most advanced version
2) only if you cannot bind your RX
3) ? XJT is the RF-module in your TX, there is nothing else to flash with LBT, only if you have a additional
4) external XJT-module and want to use it with LBT RX, then yes (presumably you have none)
5) always a good idea, to have the same version for bootloader and OpenTX (but often not necessary, bootloader changes are rare)

Compared to a PC: OpenTX = Operating system (Windows/Linux), LBT-firmware = Hardware driver (graphic card), Bootloader = BIOS
(OK, i admit: nearly :D)

If you want to update OpenTX, the first step is always to update Companion to the desired version.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”