Skookum Confusion

BenKenobi

Skookum Confusion

Post by BenKenobi »

I'm trying to configure the TX to use the Skookum Robotics 720BE but getting it configured is proving to be a challenge - it seems to be expecting throttle and collective on two different channels - this would imply I still need to do some mixing in the TX.

I've identified that the Skookum is expecting this channel config

CH1 - Ail
CH2 - Ele
CH3 - Thr
CH4 - Rud
CH5 - Cyclic Gain
CH6 - Collective
CH7 - Rudder Gain

It is supposed to be able to handle 9 channels if using SBUS (which I am) but I don't see anywhere in the Skookum config to allocate / map channels.

Does anyone have a Skookum TX config I could look over to see where I'm being a total dummy.

--- addendum ---

So today I managed to work some of this out.

You can still do some level of mixing to set different 'rates' using curves much like the CCPM - I've set CH6 to send different min's and max values to adjust the amount of -ve / +ve pitch available.

Channels 5, 7, 8 and 9 are allocated in the 'control' tab of the Skookum programming tool - they need to be from mixes set up in the TX

Gear - is for Channel 5, can be allocated to a number of predefined actions
Aux 1 - is for Channel 7, can be allocated to a number of predefined actions
Aux 2 - is for Channel 8, can be allocated to a number of predefined actions - if used for the Skookum GPS must be against 3 position switches
Aux 3 - is for Channel 9, can be allocated to a number of predefined actions - if used for the Skookum GPS must be against 3 position switches

tekparasite

Re: Skookum Confusion

Post by tekparasite »

Did you get this configuration sorted out? I'm having a challenge as well with this configuration. It obviously doesn't help when I'm just getting used to my new Tx. Using "SBus" for the first time and someone told me that FrSky inverts the signal.
So, at this point, I can't tell if it's the protocol inversion, my programming in the TX or changes to the Skookum 540.

My only channel that seems to be working correctly is "Rudder", but beyond that my stick movements don't coincide with AIL, ELEV, THR.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”