USB and Windows 10 - CCPM no longer functional

BenKenobi

USB and Windows 10 - CCPM no longer functional

Post by BenKenobi »

I've noticed since upgrading my hardware (Gigabyte Z97X) that uses USB3 and xHCI, I also run Windows 10 64bit, that firmware upgrades simply don't work, I need to use an old XP box and Companion 2.1 to do firmware updates successfully.

Any attempt to use the FrSKY method using the Dfu Demo application fail on any hardware / OS combination and create a dead TX, OpenTX Companion won't even start the process on my new hardware as the flashing utility reports too many STM devices - there aren't but the OS is listing the same device twice of you check with the command line. Yes I've tried the latest and greatest Zadig for trying with Companion. For the Dfu demo I've tried all versions up to 3.0.5 but went back to 3.0.2 (as used in the FrSKY tutorial) after finding out there are coding bugs in 3.0.5.

I can still load models into the TX using the 'new' hardware but I'm not sure how reliable this process is since now, models that worked no longer do, I'm referring here specifically to a TRex that has a 3GX unit that has mixing done in the TX - this no longer works (V2.1.8 firmware) even when I load from the XP box, CYC1, CYC2 and CYC3 simply no longer do anything, they used to work fine.

Also occasionally when downloading models from Companion 2.1 even though the download seems to complete OK new or modified model settings remain unchanged in the TX.

-- Partly Resolved.

When the configuration is upgraded the constants for the long and lat cyclic / collective all default to 0 - making these values positive loads / weights the particular feature.

The USB issues remain ...

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”