Taranis Plus won't power on

guy97

Taranis Plus won't power on

Post by guy97 »

After losing my old Taranis :oops: , I decided to order a Taranis plus from interstate. Arrived today and I decided to do the usual stuff like restore models and update firmware but I also decided to install some Futaba heavy duty gimbal springs and a speaker upgrade from Aloft Hobbies :) . So I did all of that and now my radio won't power on. Here's a recap of what I did;

- Separate halves
- Remove 2 ribbon cables
- Replace springs in gimbals
- Remove old speaker
- Install new speaker
- Reverse momentary for DLG
- Reconnect Ribbon Cables
- Reconnect halves

So I tried to power it on to hear the new speaker and nothing :cry: . So I thought I missed something and took it all apart again and checked all cables and redid the ribbon cables and no change. So I reconnected the original speaker and still nothing. I don't know what else to do. The only thing I can think of is the ribbon cables but I don't know what could be wrong. Please help.

Thank you,
Mathew

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Taranis Plus won't power on

Post by MikeB »

While you were disconnecting and reconnecting the ribbon cables, did you still have the battery plugged in?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
guy97

Post by guy97 »

I think so. Do you think I've fried the main board?
guy97

Post by guy97 »

Got the new board today and IT LIVES. Thanks mike, I hate playing find the fault with electronics. However I broke the LCD backlights getting them de soldered so I have to wait again :(. Oh well I'm just glad it works.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”