New to opentx, Using FrSky with big planes

martinwh99

New to opentx, Using FrSky with big planes

Post by martinwh99 »

hello

I'm new to the openTx environment. But it sounds more than interesting to me. I have just ordered a Taranis and now i'm curios if ever some one used this openTx and Taranis with big planes like >2.5m for acro or towing, or >5 m on sail plains? Til now i'm flying a Futaba Z12, but I'm not at all happy with programming the Futaba, but this is a old disease of Futaba, and it has not telemetries. So it would be nice to hear from you.

regards
Martin

Daedalus66

Re: New to opentx, Using FrSky with big planes

Post by Daedalus66 »

Sure. Many people are using Taranis for large gas planes, turbines, you name it.
deaconFlyer

Re: New to opentx, Using FrSky with big planes

Post by deaconFlyer »

OpenTX gives you an almost blank canvas to fly any size or style of plane with. It is the on-board electrics that should be the first concern. Can't tell you the number of times I've seen less than optimal antenna placement. Telemetry, yes, but only what you need and only what you can use without taking your eyes off the plane.

Test, test, and test your setups in the simulator and then in the live plane (with the prop removed!) better to crash on the desk than on the deck!

At a noisy field, try a good headphone plugged into one ear and learn how to make telemetry speak when needed. You never have to take your eys off that gliding spec in the sky.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”