Problem with version 217 on taranis.

marbalon

Problem with version 217 on taranis.

Post by marbalon »

Hi everyone,
This is my first post so I want to thank you every openTX developer - thanks to you I have the best radio on the market now ;-)

Few days ado I bought Taranis radio learn basic features, write some useful for me lua scripts and generally I'm very impressed - everything what I try to do - I can!

But back to the problem. I have my own link with telemetry so I want to integrate it with my taranis. I download sources, setup dev tools ec. and now it is compiling without any problems.

My system is:

Code: Select all

uname -a
Linux ubuntu-pc 3.13.0-32-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 03:51:08 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
balon@ubuntu-pc:~/proj/opentx$ arm-none-eabi-gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=arm-none-eabi-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/lto-wrapper
Target: arm-none-eabi
Configured with: /build/buildd/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.4.2014q3/src/gcc/configure --target=arm-none-eabi --prefix=/build/buildd/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.4.2014q3/install-native --libexecdir=/build/buildd/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.4.2014q3/install-native/lib --infodir=/build/buildd/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.4.2014q3/install-native/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/info --mandir=/build/buildd/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.4.2014q3/install-native/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/man --htmldir=/build/buildd/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.4.2014q3/install-native/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/html --pdfdir=/build/buildd/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.4.2014q3/install-native/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/pdf --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-plugins --disable-decimal-float --disable-libffi --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libquadmath --disable-libssp --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-nls --disable-shared --disable-threads --disable-tls --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --with-headers=yes --with-python-dir=share/gcc-arm-none-eabi --with-sysroot=/build/buildd/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.4.2014q3/install-native/arm-none-eabi --with-host-libstdcxx='-static-libgcc -Wl,-Bstatic,-lstdc++,-Bdynamic -lm' --with-pkgversion='GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors' --with-multilib-list=armv6-m,armv7-m,armv7e-m,armv7-r
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.8.4 20140725 (release) [ARM/embedded-4_8-branch revision 213147] (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors)
afer compilation I upload firmware to taranis with version 216 so it display message about eeprom migration and then runs with 217. But there is a problem because part of configuration is missing, lua script is not loaded...

So I have a question. How can I download version stable 216 sources - maybe in master branch probably is not finished so can't be used now. Or maybe this is a gcc problem because I read lately something about some problems with some gcc version but can't find this information now...

Regards,
Marcin.

Kilrah

Re: Problem with version 217 on taranis.

Post by Kilrah »

216, 217 are eeprom format versions, not firmware versions. For firmware versions look at the git tags. If you now have eeprom version 217 it means you checked out and built the next branch, which is the development branch for 2.1. Not stable at all and should not be used for anything else than ground testing and evaluation.

If you check out the master branch you'll be all good, with the current 2.0 branch. But some things like lua are compilation options that are disabled by default, you need to specify them in the make command line (or edit the makefile).

This would help (not complete though, please see makefile in radio/src for all options):
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/wiki/O ... on-Options
marbalon

Post by marbalon »

Thanks for you answer.

No i switch to the branch master edit Makefile and set:

LUA = YES
PCB=TARANIS

And compile using make with no extra parameters. Now firmware become bigger (about 332kb now) so I think LUA script is supported now. But after loading it to TARANIS it also want to convert EEPROM from 216 to 217 but after conversion the same behavior: still missing telemetry lua script and part of model configuration is broken. Maybe this is useful info but when I hold PAGE button I receive information "No telemetry screens".

Any suggestion ?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You're likely still compiling the next branch.
marbalon

Post by marbalon »

Will check it, probably you have right. I've just made a test on the other PC: clone repository, checkout branch master and in file myeeprom.h I see version 216 for taranis, will test on my hardware soon.

Thank you again!

Edit.

You have right, now it is ok.

Thank you!

dinamich

Post by dinamich »

Command "git status" will show you the current branch.

And there is no need to edit Makefile, just use that definitions in command line like so:
" make LUA=YES PCB=TARANIS" and watch the space - ie there is no space betwen parameter value and name and equal sign!
projectkk2glider@github
marbalon

Post by marbalon »

Command "git status" will show you the current branch.
Strange this command show correctly start on master line.
And there is no need to edit Makefile, just use that definitions in command line like so:
Yes i know but I'm working on taranis only with the same configuration so it is easier to use only make. But I loaded this project co CodeBlock so I can add this parameters is build options for my project.

But nevermind, now everything is working and part of telemetry working to ;-)

Thanks!

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”