Issue with Edit screen in EEProm file

CaptDen

Issue with Edit screen in EEProm file

Post by CaptDen »

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has run into the issue of not being able to launch the edit screen in the EEProm file. The file was working fine until I went to the field and did some tuning on my models. When I returned and downloaded the file back into Companion I was no longer able to edit the model. I opened up a backup and the edit screen showed up. I created a new Model and settings screen and that worked. I restarted the software and radio and neither process had an effect on the problem EEProm file. I am figuring that the EEProm file got corrupted and was wondering if there was some kind of file checker to confirm a corruption. I am on the latest OpenTX and using a Tarains X9D. Any help would be appreciated.

Kilrah

Re: Issue with Edit screen in EEProm file

Post by Kilrah »

CaptDen wrote:When I returned and downloaded the file back into Companion I was no longer able to edit the model.
Uh more details please. Any error? does the window come up or not? etc...
Need to know exactly what happens, or doesn't happen.
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

Thanks for the quick reply here is more information and better clarification of the issue.
System Information:
AMD FX - 8320 Eight Corr Processor 3.50gz
4 gb ram
64 bit OS Windows 8.1
Pen support
Error Description:
Companion Software v. 2.0.12 Sept 162014
Model and Settings Screen loads fine in main window
When a model is selected for editing (either by double click or right click edit), I get a system busy indicator for half a second. The main window loses the focus but the Model and Settings Screen maintains focus but no Edit window shows up. :(

In my previous post I miss spoke on some of my testing. I mixed up some of the testing using backup EEProm files and creating new EEProm files (I was bouncing between 9x and OpenTX). I re-did my testing and all EEProm files (backup and new ones) are exhibiting the same behavior of no edit screen. I also have uninstalled OpenTX and re-installed using a new download from the site and still no joy. Looking at the install, I was not able to find any logging to review. Is there anyway to put the program into debug mode to log?

Hope this makes the issue a little more clearer. Thanks
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

One addendum to the clearer issue post. There are no error messages when the edit window doesn't appear. It is as if the program thinks it actually successfully displayed the edit window.

Thanks again.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Hmm no idea. Can you post your BIN EEPROM file?

CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

Here is the .eepe file
Attachments
PrimaryModels.eepe
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

Here's the bin file
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

Sorry didn't get the 1st load right
chg to txt for upload
Attachments
myradio.txt
.bin file
(512 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That's the firmware, it's the EEPROM we need.
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

The EEProm File is the Primary Models file in the 12-31 11:52 post.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It is in .eepe format, which has already been processed by companion and might thus "hide" a problem. I didn't request the .bin for no reason ;)
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

Maybe I'm confused (the renamed file myradio.txt) is the .bin from the radios firmware. I just renamed it so I could attach it to the post. Is there another file that Companion can pull from the radio?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The virtual drive contains FIRMWARE.BIN and EEPROM.BIN. You attached FIRMWARE.BIN, but we need EEPROM.BIN.
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

Hi, 1st I want to say thanks for the support and I want to tell everyone I am kicking myself because I have made my Home Computing system (system handles Server duties for rest of home, it's the main Media Hub for the home theater and other experiments) more complex and it bites me every now and then. This is one of those times.

Because the PC System is a media hub it is running 4 screens sometimes. Projector, Flat Screen, 2 monitors for programing. Some of these screens are turned off but the system configuration still thinks they are on. So Low and behold programs will display pieces on other screens which are turned off. This is what happened. I changed my Display configuration and the edit screen shows up. I have had 1 or 2 programs that have exhibited this kind of behavior. Gimp is one of them. I lose their disconnected menus all the time. Gimp has tried to fix this by offering a 1 window mode. I guess this is a issue with others too. I might suggest that you look into this type of direction as I am pretty sure Microsoft and the display vendors aren't able to fix this.

Well again I want to thank all for the help.
Happy Flying

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”