Taranis Plus Model Templates Missing ...

RCHH

Taranis Plus Model Templates Missing ...

Post by RCHH »

Received a brand new Taranis Plus today, and discovered that the Model Setup templates screen is missing. I only have access to 12 screens - when I believe there should be 13.
I have flashed to the latest version - 2.0.12 - but even with the factory firmware only 12 screens show.
And ideas?
TIA
Rob.
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!

rdeanchurch

Re: Taranis Plus Model Templates Missing ...

Post by rdeanchurch »

Templates have been replaced by a Model Wizard, It is a Lua script located on the SD card. Look at SD/Scripts/Wizard. If those folders aren't there the wizard can't work. I don't know if Lua must be enabled in the firmware download, as I've always downloaded with Lua checkbox checked. FrSky may not have shipped it on SD.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

http://www.open-tx.org/2014/06/02/lua-wizard/
If present on the card it will be automatically launched when you create a new model.
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Many thanks fellas. Now to learn it all! Will give it a good go, but cosmetically quite a bit different to my usual ErSky9X for the basic bits! Will take some getting used to the button sequences after so long using the 9X.
Thanks again :)
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Got my head around the Lua wizard now for fixed, delta wing and quads, but unable to select the Heli model type. Does something else needs to be done enable it for a basic CCPM helicopter setup?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The heli wizard hasn't been written yet.

Best to base yourself on published setups if you're that lost.
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Erm .. It is not a case of being 'that lost' - I have been using ersky9x for years now, and have no problem adding a heli model manually as in those areas OpenTX and ersky9x are virtually identical.
I was more concerned about something being amiss with the flashing process to the TX, as up until yesterday I had no need to even look at OpenTX, let alone Lua.

If I was 'that lost' I would flash the Taranis with ersky9x ...
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Ah OK, got it now ;)
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

:P No problem. Will have to read up on this Lua thing and see how that fuddles my brain. Do you happen to know if anyone is working on a heli wizard at all? Would be nice to have a 'full' wizard, and I would be willing to help out wherever I could, that is for sure ...
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

We unfortunately don't have any heli fliers in the team, which is the main reason why that part was never done. Not good to do stuff you don't know about ;)
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Ahh. Well I have a lot of the maniacs here from 250 to 600 nitro - flybarred and flybarless. But I have noooo idea about the coding side of things. What info, if anything, could be of use from me?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Some setups here: http://rcsettings.com/index.php/viewcat ... elicopters

You could also have a look at the template in the old version, in companion 1.52 for example. There are better ways to do it on 2.0, but you'll likely understand it.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”