Telemetry without Tx module

ama1437

Telemetry without Tx module

Post by ama1437 »

The FrSky Taranis Transmitter shows the Receiver Voltage. This is great, but I want more, so I got the FAS-100 100 Amperage Sensor, the TEMS-01 Temperature Sensor and the FSH-01 Telemetry Sensor Hub. Now, how do I make them work? I haven't been able to figure that out yet. Not even sure how to hook them up correctly. Do I need to buy the Telemetry Module for the transmitter to receive the data or is it possible to see the results with just the transmitter? It is, after all, already receiving telemetry.

Also, I did get the FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen. Haven't seen it power up yet. Plugging its cable into the module pins on the back of the transmitter doesn't work, so I think that does require the module.

Any help or leads to where the information is located would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Telemetry without Tx module

Post by MikeB »

What receiver are you using. It sounds like a X8R (or X6R). For these, you really need the SPort versions of the sensors. The hub is for the older 'D' series receivers. However, the SPort vario will "bridge" from the hub to SPort.

The built in XJT module is fully telemetry capable.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The FLD-02 was for the previous generation of equipment, it will not be of use with a Taranis.
So yes, what receiver you have matters, let's start there.
ama1437

Post by ama1437 »

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I was waiting for a notification that someone had answered. Never got any. And yes, I clicked "Subscribe topic" at the bottom of the page I guess I just need to check back often.

Yes, I have an 8XR.
ama1437

Post by ama1437 »

Got it all figured out. David at helibatics helped me.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”