Aileron and flaps working wrong way round -Help

TigerOC

Aileron and flaps working wrong way round -Help

Post by TigerOC »

Hi, I have recently received my Taranis and am blown away by what it offers. My thanks to everyone who has contributed so much to the project.

Working with latest firmware and Companion software 2.0.8

I have a slope plane with ailerons and elevator. I bought the X4R SB for it and have bound it. Have setup the plane in the campanion 9s v2. Elevator on channel 1 ailerons on 2 + 3. Elevator correctly configured. Have flaperons and spoilerons via flight mode 2 and 3 on switch B. Have LS on flight mode 1 giving camber and reflex.

Everything works exactly as I expect in the simulator. When I transferred it to TX the ailerons work together like flaps and flaperons, spoilerons and camber/reflex work like ailerons with the aileron surfaces working opposite each other. Switched physical plugs on RX around still the same.

What have I done wrong?

Any guidance appreciated

deaconFlyer

Re: Aileron and flaps working wrong way round -Help

Post by deaconFlyer »

I am at a loss personally to figure this out.

Whenever one of my "wonder-mixes" goes awry I tend to create a new model using a simple 4-channel setup. I test that and after assuring it all is working then I add one feature to it and test that etc. etc. until all of the world seems to be the way I want it.

Usually I find, somewhere along the process, that I had a massive error in my logic ... or, in one case ... as massive error in my receiver!
dinamich

Post by dinamich »

TigerOC you need to reverse one of the aileron channels in SERVOS page. Which one depends on your setup, you will find out by testing.
projectkk2glider@github
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Have you possibly managed to have different stick modes in the Tx and Companion? This might swap the stick inputs round.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

The simulator is not the same as the physical plane.

How can the sim know which way round you installed the servo?
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

TigerOC

Post by TigerOC »

Thank you all. General consensus is reverse a servo. Did this on the sim and it is showing the same reactions as the physical plane so that's probably correct. Will have to write it to the TX and see if it works. So the sim works in theory.

Rob
TigerOC

Post by TigerOC »

Thanks for the help. Reversing a servo worked. This had me confused because I have have been flying this plane for some months using Spektrum hardware and did not have to reverse the aileron servo.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”