[FEEDBACK] Sticky T-Cut Template

Infinity

[FEEDBACK] Sticky T-Cut Template

Post by Infinity »

openTX for Taranis r2688
c9x 1.46
Windows 7

Just played around with the Sticky T-Cut template provided unter templates.
Wouldn't it be more safe to add a custom function which sets the CH14 into a defined power up state like with the following custom function, especially in case of disabled "Switch Startup Warning"?
Screenshot - 26.08.2013 , 15_03_30.png
Attached you will find a Sticky T-Cut example which uses GVAR1 instead of CH14 which makes the mixer menu a bit cleaner but adds 2 more custom functions for setting GVAR1 to appropriate states.
Attachments
Sticky T-Cut GVAR1.eepe
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 326 times

Kilrah

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sticky T-Cut Template

Post by Kilrah »

One should not work in this case, it's only active for a single cycle, and safety switches are applied after all other calculations without their influence being "looped back" into the mixer.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Thanks Kilrah, but this raises 2 more questions on my side:
1) Is there a better solution available by using the channel method or is the only solution for a defined power up state to enable Switch Startup Warning?
2) What about my posted way by using GVAR? Is here "One" working as expected or in other words leads to a defined power up state?
Thanks for your answer, I'm still learning a lot about openTX.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It is really meant to be used with the switch warning... and IMO it should, as not having the switch at the right position with you unaware of it can even more likely lead to unexpected behavior (you don't have the stick at idle, but because of the sticky thing the motor doesn't run -> you assume the throttle cut switch is enabled, you move the stick around, motor starts).

Technically the GVAR solution would work though.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”