Meaning of switch ONE and !ONE under Custom Functions

Infinity

Meaning of switch ONE and !ONE under Custom Functions

Post by Infinity »

Just detected the switches ONE and !ONE under the switch selection ring on the Custom Functions tab and do wonder now what's the meaning of them and what are typical use cases for that.
Any feedback on this is highly appreciated as I couldn't found any describtion of them by searching this forum nor by asking Dr. Google.
Thanks!
meaning of one switch.png

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Meaning of switch ONE and !ONE under Custom Functions

Post by Rob Thomson »

The Exclamation is a mathematical operator.

It means NOT or REVERSE.

So.. NOT this switch.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Maybe I wasn't clear enough so let's give it a new try. !=negotiation is clear, but what kind of switch is ONE and what can I do with that?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

ONE is triggered just once on model load.

Sent via mobile
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Kilrah wrote:ONE is triggered just once on model load.
If that is the case then !ONE is a complete waste of space ;) because it is automatically set when the model is loaded anyway and therefore not needed :) or am I missing something?? :P

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Sorry, but that triggers my next question: "!ONE means <triggers continiously after model load>?" If this is the case (I have some doubt but no better negotiation for triggers just once), what is the difference between !ONE and ON?
I assume that you or one of the other developers had some typically use cases (scenarios) in their mind for !ONE and ONE. Can you tell me more about this?
If you know a web page which explains the background story, please feel free to reply the link instead of rewriting it.
Thanks!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I use ONE for the voice to tell the model name everytime I load a model.. For example..
Custom functions:

One playtrack 151 --

This will play voice file number 151 when the model is loaded, being it when changing models or when turning the radio on with that model selected..

ONE if I'm not mistaken, will turn on only once for a period of time and then turn off again.. ON will be always on as the name says.. so whatever feature you are programming will be always active..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Thanks Joao, makes perfect sense and a very good use case for ONE.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I just thought of another possibility also using ONE and voice..
It would allow us, in case we have so many aircraft that we forget about some tricks, the voice to give a short description about that aircraft..
Basically the same as for the name.. I'm sure that if we keep thinking we will find a few more possibilities ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Infinity wrote:Sorry, but that triggers my next question: "!ONE means <triggers continiously after model load>?" If this is the case (I have some doubt but no better negotiation for triggers just once), what is the difference between !ONE and ON?
I assume that you or one of the other developers had some typically use cases (scenarios) in their mind for !ONE and ONE. Can you tell me more about this?
If you know a web page which explains the background story, please feel free to reply the link instead of rewriting it.
Thanks!
The use of ONE is clear to me now.
But the !ONE is still obscure.

Does anyone have an example with explanation they could post please.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I don't think !ONE makes much sense, but the current menu system that still comes from the 9x and its severe memory restrictions does not allow skipping list items. So the "left", inverted list has to be the same as the "normal" one.
For example on the Taranis there are duplicate switches too (the 2 position-ones), !SF↓ is useless as it is the same as SF↑.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Thanks Kilrah, that makes perfect sense from programming point of view, especially when you have to deal with memory limitations.
It's always great to get a good answer, although it may contain unexpected content, as you will have learned more anyway out of this.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”