Burning the Taranis Firmware under linux

dvogonen

Re: Burning the Taranis Firmware under linux

Post by dvogonen »

I ust solved the problem by installing an additional version of libusb using apt-get.
Lets see if I get through the build.

rperkins

Post by rperkins »

yes
normally when compiling if it complains about something missing you need the dev version of the package , which will provide the proper header and/or developement files
I am on
Ubuntu 13.04 \n \l

and think the appropriated command would be:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev
dvogonen

Re: Sv: Burning the Taranis Firmware under linux

Post by dvogonen »

It was the dev library that was the problem. Oddly enough I had a version installed, but that did not work.

Building and installing was uneventful.

Flashing was tricky. The udev rule companion installed does not work for me. No clue to why. Starting companion with gksudo did work, but only once. After that dfu-util never found the radio again. But I guess I will get it to work with some more effort.

I am a professional programmer and have used Linux on and off for many years. I like every aspect of the OS, with the exception of manually handling hardware drivers. That sucked badly 15 years ago and is still sucks.
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

you need libusb devel
Gaijin

Post by Gaijin »

Can you help with a linux setup problem, I've installed the latest DFU packages and Libusb as mentioned above, I'm pretty sure that's taking care of, what I can't do is import the models from my Taranis or save the latest firmware anywhere.

This is on LinuxMint 15 KDE and the message is :could not start process Cannot talk to Klauncher: Not connect to D-Bus server.

I'm getting better a linux and I love it, but I'm not that good, any thoughts?

spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 »

problem solved:! apparently boot in eeprom mode before connecting. anyway. thinks got solved. still interested, read on.

taranis newbee on not so good at linux asking for some help.

I just got my x9e, and i'm trying to flash the firmware. now i understand that i can do this via the sd-card method but i would prefer to get my system and companion properly set up too.

i currently run 16.04 ubuntu.
i installed companion21, which runs..
installed dfu-util 0.9, configured (first time libusb error - > get apt lib-usb 001)
changed /usr/bin/dfu-util to /usr/local/bin/dfu-util withing companion

but i get an error message when trying to flash..

Code: Select all

dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available
/usr/local/bin/dfu-util -a 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000:524288 -d 0483:df11  -U/home/matter/Desktop/bckup
when lsusb i find the only 3 usb connections, that are also there when the taranis is not connected.
so it seems the taranis is not detected (recognized) via usb. tried a 2e mini usb cable but this didn't help.

i had it switched off, which i understand to be necessary for firmware flashing.
tried starting in boot loader as i saw to do with the x9d online (center the two horizontal trim buttons, while turning on. but then the on off switch doesn't respond (so no turning on, not normal, not bootloader)

so at this moment i'm a bit stuck on what to try next.

anyone here an idea?

greatz matthieu

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”