Model Artwork for Taranis

Orphee
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:39 pm
Country: France

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by Orphee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Hello,

I just built Dialfonzo VTail and HK450 from pictures I took myself of my models.

Image

Image
Attachments
HK450.zip
(663 Bytes) Downloaded 116 times
VTail_400.zip
(701 Bytes) Downloaded 116 times

User avatar
ckleanth
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by ckleanth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:11 pm

could a kind soul do the Aeroworks ProX260 for the taranis please?
Attachments
60profile_large.jpg
Aeroworks ProX260
If it has wings it will fly...

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by Scott Page » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:51 pm

ckleanth wrote:could a kind soul do the Aeroworks ProX260 for the taranis please?

I like the background, but is there a chance you can get a shot of it which is more of a 2x wider than high so it will fit the 64 x 32 window we are working with. I could do that, but it would have considerable wasted space for the image and so with such limited pixel resolution would not look as good.

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by Scott Page » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:56 pm

In the RCG forums T-Cat prepared a few images ready to be converted to icons. Somebody did a set in RCG - but I did a set also because I prefer to have the background transparent. For the Transmitter you want to download the zip folder to get the .bmp files and rename the files to your preference with under 10 characters.
Voodoo51.jpg
Voodoo51.jpg (11.5 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
Strega.jpg
Strega.jpg (11.04 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
Stingr90.jpg
Stingr90.jpg (10.92 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
BBShark.jpg
BBShark.jpg (11.64 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
DeltaWNG.jpg
DeltaWNG.jpg (10.87 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
Screamer.jpg
Screamer.jpg (17.1 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
Attachments
T-cat.zip
THIS is the file you want to download to access the .bmp files.
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

User avatar
ckleanth
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by ckleanth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Scott Page wrote:
ckleanth wrote:could a kind soul do the Aeroworks ProX260 for the taranis please?

I like the background, but is there a chance you can get a shot of it which is more of a 2x wider than high so it will fit the 64 x 32 window we are working with. I could do that, but it would have considerable wasted space for the image and so with such limited pixel resolution would not look as good.
Scott I d/l that from the aeroworks Web, I haven't put the model together yet to take my pictures.
however found quite a few pictures on the net
what about the:
ProX260_prop_hang.jpg or
ProX260_side_flying.jpg or
60profile_large09.jpg or
Top1.jpg?
Attachments
20140625_ProX260.zip
(892.09 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
If it has wings it will fly...


User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by Scott Page » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:37 pm

ckleanth wrote:
Scott Page wrote:
ckleanth wrote:could a kind soul do the Aeroworks ProX260 for the taranis please?

I like the background, but is there a chance you can get a shot of it which is more of a 2x wider than high so it will fit the 64 x 32 window we are working with. I could do that, but it would have considerable wasted space for the image and so with such limited pixel resolution would not look as good.
Scott I d/l that from the aeroworks Web, I haven't put the model together yet to take my pictures.
however found quite a few pictures on the net
what about the:
ProX260_prop_hang.jpg or
ProX260_side_flying.jpg or
60profile_large09.jpg or
Top1.jpg?

Thanks for the selection. It's so flippin difficult to get a decent looking aircraft with 62 x 32 and 4 bit. This is the best I could get.
side1.png
side1.png (1.91 KiB) Viewed 3209 times
Attachments
side1.zip
The zip file contains the .bmp you want.
(714 Bytes) Downloaded 88 times

User avatar
ckleanth
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by ckleanth » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:11 am

Cheers scott
If it has wings it will fly...

User avatar
ckleanth
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by ckleanth » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Scott Page wrote:
ckleanth wrote:
Scott Page wrote: I like the background, but is there a chance you can get a shot of it which is more of a 2x wider than high so it will fit the 64 x 32 window we are working with. I could do that, but it would have considerable wasted space for the image and so with such limited pixel resolution would not look as good.
Scott I d/l that from the aeroworks Web, I haven't put the model together yet to take my pictures.
however found quite a few pictures on the net
what about the:
ProX260_prop_hang.jpg or
ProX260_side_flying.jpg or
60profile_large09.jpg or
Top1.jpg?

Thanks for the selection. It's so flippin difficult to get a decent looking aircraft with 62 x 32 and 4 bit. This is the best I could get.
The attachment side1.png is no longer available
guys, I thought had to learn how to do this photo to icon business...
so I found suitable pictures with easy to remove background, attached in my link a two posts above
I removed the background and replaced with white colour, then resize the picture with appropriate dimensions to have 2:1 ratio and saved it as lossless jpg (attached in processed pictures 2 to 1 20140625_ProX260.zip).
I then saved it as grayscale bmp 16 colours. this picture I import in this tool (provided in a link in this thread)
http://taranis.myhangar.de/imagesconverter/
I then got a set of taranis icons which work but don't look as nice as the one Scott did

I then made another batch using the saved bmp and resized to 64x32 pixels with grayscale bmp 16 colours
these wont load/show on the taranis..
can someone explain what I do wrong?
Attachments
taranis icons 2 to 1 20140625_ProX260.zip
(898.01 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
processed pictures 2 to 1 20140625_ProX260.zip
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
If it has wings it will fly...

X650Morgan
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:24 am
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by X650Morgan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:52 pm

Model and splash screen for Xaircraft X650

David
X650.rar
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by Scott Page » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:28 am

ckleanth wrote: guys, I thought had to learn how to do this photo to icon business...
so I found suitable pictures with easy to remove background, attached in my link a two posts above
I removed the background and replaced with white colour, then resize the picture with appropriate dimensions to have 2:1 ratio and saved it as lossless jpg (attached in processed pictures 2 to 1 20140625_ProX260.zip).
I then saved it as grayscale bmp 16 colours. this picture I import in this tool (provided in a link in this thread)
http://taranis.myhangar.de/imagesconverter/
I then got a set of taranis icons which work but don't look as nice as the one Scott did

I then made another batch using the saved bmp and resized to 64x32 pixels with grayscale bmp 16 colours
these wont load/show on the taranis..
can someone explain what I do wrong?
I really don't know if this helps you - but I isolate the plane from the background as a separate layer - then I move the white value from 255 to 180 so "white" on the aircraft is actually light grey. This is then merged with a true white background which will appear transparent in the Tx. If I don't move the white value to light grey then the aircraft will have transparent "holes" in it where white would be.

User avatar
ckleanth
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by ckleanth » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Scott Page wrote:
ckleanth wrote: guys, I thought had to learn how to do this photo to icon business...
so I found suitable pictures with easy to remove background, attached in my link a two posts above
I removed the background and replaced with white colour, then resize the picture with appropriate dimensions to have 2:1 ratio and saved it as lossless jpg (attached in processed pictures 2 to 1 20140625_ProX260.zip).
I then saved it as grayscale bmp 16 colours. this picture I import in this tool (provided in a link in this thread)
http://taranis.myhangar.de/imagesconverter/
I then got a set of taranis icons which work but don't look as nice as the one Scott did

I then made another batch using the saved bmp and resized to 64x32 pixels with grayscale bmp 16 colours
these wont load/show on the taranis..
can someone explain what I do wrong?
I really don't know if this helps you - but I isolate the plane from the background as a separate layer - then I move the white value from 255 to 180 so "white" on the aircraft is actually light grey. This is then merged with a true white background which will appear transparent in the Tx. If I don't move the white value to light grey then the aircraft will have transparent "holes" in it where white would be.
It does mate. Can the bmp output be 16 colours grayscale or 4 colours?
(Btw I hope your misus gws)
If it has wings it will fly...

rdeanchurch
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:22 pm
Country: -
Location: Rio Vista. CA

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by rdeanchurch » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:30 pm

16 grey scales which is 4 bits. No color allowed...(colours either ;-)
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by Scott Page » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:04 am

ckleanth wrote:
Scott Page wrote:
ckleanth wrote: guys, I thought had to learn how to do this photo to icon business...
so I found suitable pictures with easy to remove background, attached in my link a two posts above
I removed the background and replaced with white colour, then resize the picture with appropriate dimensions to have 2:1 ratio and saved it as lossless jpg (attached in processed pictures 2 to 1 20140625_ProX260.zip).
I then saved it as grayscale bmp 16 colours. this picture I import in this tool (provided in a link in this thread)
http://taranis.myhangar.de/imagesconverter/
I then got a set of taranis icons which work but don't look as nice as the one Scott did

I then made another batch using the saved bmp and resized to 64x32 pixels with grayscale bmp 16 colours
these wont load/show on the taranis..
can someone explain what I do wrong?
I really don't know if this helps you - but I isolate the plane from the background as a separate layer - then I move the white value from 255 to 180 so "white" on the aircraft is actually light grey. This is then merged with a true white background which will appear transparent in the Tx. If I don't move the white value to light grey then the aircraft will have transparent "holes" in it where white would be.
It does mate. Can the bmp output be 16 colours grayscale or 4 colours?
(Btw I hope your misus gws)
You have 16 theoretical values of grey (or gray) however I find the highest 4 values of white and light grey all appear transparent - which is why I make the "white" value of the aircraft 180 (of 255) and this leaves about 12 shades for the aircraft. This is also a bit optimistic because the highest 2 or 3 tend to go to complete black -- so really the LCD is supporting about 9 to 10 shades. A higher quality LCD would probably do much better -- but we got what we got. ;)

User avatar
ckleanth
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by ckleanth » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:12 am

Cheers Scott
If it has wings it will fly...

joe559
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:11 am
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by joe559 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:20 am

Can you please do this one for the Taranis ? it is the carbon fiber Nemesis.Image

TCAT
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by TCAT » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi Joe,

Here is the model artwork of your quad. Let me know how it turns out.
Attachments
Nemesis.zip
(754 Bytes) Downloaded 74 times

joe559
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:11 am
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by joe559 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Thank you very much

TCAT
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by TCAT » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:37 am

You're very welcome.

TCAT
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by TCAT » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:44 am

I have created six custom splash screens for everyone to download. Unzip the file once you download it to get the BMP's to use as the splash screens. The JPEG's shown are obviously just for show and reference :). Please let me know if the download doesn't work, just so I ensure I did or did not perform the zip file correctly. I hope you all enjoy them.
Attachments
Custom Splash Screens.zip
(16.01 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
OpenTX SU35 Splash.jpg
OpenTX SU35 Splash.jpg (10.92 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
OpenTX SR-71 Splash.jpg
OpenTX SR-71 Splash.jpg (10.57 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
OpenTX F18SH Splash.jpg
OpenTX F18SH Splash.jpg (10.62 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
OpenTX F14 Splash.jpg
OpenTX F14 Splash.jpg (11.09 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
OpenTX F14 Splash 2.jpg
OpenTX F14 Splash 2.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
OpenTX A10 Splash.jpg
OpenTX A10 Splash.jpg (11.12 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
Last edited by TCAT on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

TCAT
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by TCAT » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:17 am

Also, I made two Jet Sound Tada sound files to go along with the splash screens I posted since it fits the theme perfectly. I realize this is a model artwork thread, but I wanted to ensure people could see these Tada files in close proximity to the jet model artwork splash screens. Scott, please let me know if you would like for me to remove this post with the jet sounds.

I personally like the one named "Jet Sound 2 Tada". You may need to increase the length of time that the splash screen stays on to allow the sound to play out fully, such as possibly somewhere between 4-8 seconds (mine is on 4 and still works). Also, be sure to rename the one you'll use just to tada.wav before you replace the stock tada.wav on the SD card.
Attachments
Custom Tada Sounds.zip
(665.08 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

TCAT
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by TCAT » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Here are 5 more custom splash screens to use. Be sure to downloaded them from the Zip file below and unzip them for the BMP files. The JPG picture you see is only to view what it is, and not what you'll use for the file in the transmitters SD card.
Attachments
Custom Splash Screens.zip
(10.8 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
OpenTX F35 Splash.jpg
OpenTX F35 Splash.jpg (10.77 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
OpenTX F22 Splash.jpg
OpenTX F22 Splash.jpg (10.16 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
OpenTX F16 Splash.jpg
OpenTX F16 Splash.jpg (10.18 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
OpenTX F-15 Splash.jpg
OpenTX F-15 Splash.jpg (9.26 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
OpenTX EF-2000 Splash.jpg
OpenTX EF-2000 Splash.jpg (10.27 KiB) Viewed 3022 times

User avatar
ShowMaster
Posts: 4079
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:44 am
Country: -
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA

Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by ShowMaster » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:10 am

I did a google search and a forums search for opentx splash screens Scott. I didn't really find a good source for mass downloading them? I'm sure it's common knowledge, but could you please post a link to all of them if there in one place? I did find an opentx link but found be way to select them all for downloading, just one at a time.
Thanks and sorry if you've answered this many times already.
SM


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk, small keys and a big finger.

User avatar
jhsa
Posts: 15757
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:13 pm
Country: Germany

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by jhsa » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:13 am

Sometimes people tend to put all the stuff together at the beginning of the thread. ;)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by Scott Page » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:13 am

ShowMaster wrote:I did a google search and a forums search for opentx splash screens Scott. I didn't really find a good source for mass downloading them? I'm sure it's common knowledge, but could you please post a link to all of them if there in one place? I did find an opentx link but found be way to select them all for downloading, just one at a time.
Thanks and sorry if you've answered this many times already.
SM


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk, small keys and a big finger.

Getting the model icons zips and splash screen .zip available on post #1 all updated is definitely on my list to do. Along with the new video series, and updating the quick start guide. O ya, and wait until you see OpenTx Univeristy after it's launched. :D

EDIT: I did a quick but not comprehensive update of the splash screens in post 1.

TCAT
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by TCAT » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:09 am

I have attached a few more custom splash screens. Download the zip file below to extract the BMP files.
Attachments
Custom Splash Screens.zip
(21.43 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
OpenTX Rafale Splash.jpg
OpenTX Rafale Splash.jpg (10.34 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
OpenTX Mirage 2000 Splash.jpg
OpenTX Mirage 2000 Splash.jpg (10.43 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
OpenTX Mig29 Splash.jpg
OpenTX Mig29 Splash.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
OpenTX Mig15 Splash.jpg
OpenTX Mig15 Splash.jpg (9.59 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
OpenTX F86 Splash.jpg
OpenTX F86 Splash.jpg (9.54 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
OpenTX F5 Splash.jpg
OpenTX F5 Splash.jpg (10.05 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
OpenTX F4 Splash.jpg
OpenTX F4 Splash.jpg (10.31 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
OpenTX B2 Splash.jpg
OpenTX B2 Splash.jpg (9.97 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
OpenTX A4 Splash.jpg
OpenTX A4 Splash.jpg (10.82 KiB) Viewed 2963 times

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by Scott Page » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:58 am

TCAT wrote:I have attached a few more custom splash screens. Download the zip file below to extract the BMP files.
Dude! You've become a Splash screen machine!

TCAT
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by TCAT » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Ha-ha-ha! Thanks! I'm trying to push out various jet splash logos that hopefully people will enjoy.

User avatar
Redbrickman
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:43 pm
Country: -

Spitfire Splash screen

Post by Redbrickman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Thought I do a Spitfire splash screen, first attempt ever at a splash screen…left some room if you wish to add a pilot name etc.

Also produced a "tada" spitfire fly-by sound. Not sure if this is the correct thread for it but if not MODS please move or delete it.

You will need to extract the files and would be a good idea to back up the original tada.wav before copy the spitfire versions onto your SD card.
Attachments
spitfire-splash-screen.jpg
spitfire-splash-screen.jpg (8 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
spitfire-splash-screen.zip
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
spitfiretada.zip
(317.42 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Last edited by Redbrickman on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maintain thine airspeed.
Lest the ground arise and smite thee!

User avatar
ShowMaster
Posts: 4079
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:44 am
Country: -
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by ShowMaster » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Any chance for an eflite PA20 Pacer graphic?
SM


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk, small keys and a big finger.

TCAT
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Country: -

Re: Model Artwork for Taranis

Post by TCAT » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Splash screen or model artwork?

Post Reply

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests