mismatch of cutomer functions within companion9x + openTX

Infinity

mismatch of cutomer functions within companion9x + openTX

Post by Infinity »

err_report01.jpg
I found a strange behaviour within the custom functions area of companion9x (Version 1.27, Revision 1834) which I use in combination with openTX for FrSky Taranis.
Operating systems in use are: MS Windows 7 (Enterprise), MS WinXP SP3 (Professional)
Companion9x model editor under Custom Functions, Function control selection ring starting with "Start Log" until end of selection list, there will be a mismatch of what's choosen here compared to what appears under the menu in TX Simulation (see screenshot).
Question: Is this related to the fact that the openTX code for FrSky Taranis within companion9x is still under development, and therefore already known, so that it is possible that this will be fixed with the released version, or is it more likely related to my installation?
Thanks in advance!
Heiner.

Kilrah

Re: mismatch of cutomer functions within companion9x + openT

Post by Kilrah »

It's been fixed already, companion9x just hasn't been re-released since.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 avec Tapatalk
Zebaloo

Post by Zebaloo »

Hi!

Sorry to disturb, but it seems that this strange behaviour iq still effective.
I have the latest release of companion 9x and run it under windows XP SPIII.

While waiting for the real Taranis, i'm programming my planes threw companion9x, most are big warbirds with flaps and i'm counterbalancing the flap effect with a mix on the elevator.

As i'm a Multiplex Evo User, to have the same user friendly mouse system, i'm using th GV1 function to modify the weight of my Flap/Elevator Mix.
I've programmed the custom function CF1 this way :

CF1 ON Adjust GV1 RS (enabled)

I'm able to adjust it correctly only threw the radio simulation, not threw Companion9x... i don't have the possibility to chose ON but !One instead in the menu of companion and when i'm returning to radio simulation, the custom switch is programmed differently as expected :

CF1 !One Bgmusic II

Another point, when setting up the CF1 threw radio simulation, it works as expected, but as soon as i quit the radio simulation, the CF1 set up is not saved and it appears not in Companion.

I hope i was clear enough...

Best regards

Laurent.

By the way! You have done a great job with Open Tx, I've nearly forgotten my Royal Pro 16 while programming the Taranis! ;-)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Zebaloo wrote:i don't have the possibility to chose ON but !One instead
ON is here, but earlier in the list (after CSW).
Zebaloo wrote:Another point, when setting up the CF1 threw radio simulation, it works as expected, but as soon as i quit the radio simulation, the CF1 set up is not saved and it appears not in Companion.
This is normal, changes on the radio simulator can NOT be transferred back to the editor.

We'll have a look at the shift in the choices and AdjustGVx not being simulated.
Zebaloo

Post by Zebaloo »

Thanks for the answer, if i find something else looking odd, i'll inform you.

A little of topic, but this radio is a "must have" or will soon become one ;-)

Laurent

Zebaloo

Post by Zebaloo »

Kilrah wrote:ON is here, but earlier in the list (after CSW).
Oooops.. sorry, i've seen it on the simulator not in Companion. :geek:
Kilrah wrote:We'll have a look at the shift in the choices and AdjustGVx not being simulated.
It's being simulted, but only while porgrammed by the simulator himself.

By the way, it took me One and a half day to have the same knowledge level on the taranis then on my 6 years old Multiplex Royal PRO/EVO.

Goodnight.

Laurent
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Zebaloo wrote:By the way, it took me One and a half day to have the same knowledge level on the taranis then on my 6 years old Multiplex Royal PRO/EVO.
Is that good? How was it for you learning all of what you have with the Taranis is it better than the Multiplex Royal?
Zebaloo

Post by Zebaloo »

Flaps 30 wrote:
Zebaloo wrote:By the way, it took me One and a half day to have the same knowledge level on the taranis then on my 6 years old Multiplex Royal PRO/EVO.
Is that good? How was it for you learning all of what you have with the Taranis is it better than the Multiplex Royal?
It took me the same time (1 1/2 day), but just for the flap/elevator mix which is pre-programmed on the royal.

By the way, i'd have loved to be able to select directly one of the 4 pots in the mix weight ont the taranis...
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Zebaloo wrote: It's being simulted, but only while porgrammed by the simulator himself.
Found the issue, the 2 are actually related. As there is a shift, if you select "Adjust GV2" custom function it is actually adjusting GV1.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

There is also some problems with the simulation of Custom Switches.

Version 1.28
Windows Vista

Open a new Model Folder
Do nothing in General Settings
Double click 01 to make a new model
Do nothing except under Setup except change all Switch StartupWarning to...
ON. Then move all. S to down position. A..G
Note! All Custom Switches have --- showing under Function
All Custom Functions have --- also
Start a simulator. Either Radio or Model
Sw1,4,7,C are on(illuminated green)

Move all switches SA,B,C,D,E,F,G. to there down most position.
SW3,6,8,B,C. Are on.
From there
SW 3,2,1 are toggled SD
SW 4,5,6 are toggled by moving SE
SW 7,8 are toggled by moving SF
SW 9,A,B are toggled by SG
SWC is toggled by SH

At first I thought this was an artifact left from starting C9x with a 9XR profile.
But restarting with a Taranis profile as the previously selected profile made no difference.

So the SWx to does not show conditions of Custom Switches, they seem to be to be tied to physical switches SA thru SH rather than Custom Switches.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”